Thread: george zimmerman pulled over for speeding

george zimmerman pulled over for speeding

hey watch this CNN clip...it's the dash cam footage of the traffic stop with GZ. notice how the LEO draws his gun....is that common? never happened to me before.

Banned

Yawn...
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Big F'ing deal. waiting for the bigoted DOJ is trying to figure out how they can hang him and not get into real trouble themselves
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hammer6 View Post
    hey watch this CNN clip...it's the dash cam footage of the traffic stop with GZ. notice how the LEO draws his gun....is that common? never happened to me before.
    I would say unfortunately, I am not surprised that he drew his firearm. At least he didn't draw and aim. Still could be considered an "aggressive manoeuvre" potentially but in this particular case maybe less so than others. From the angles, Zimmerman might not have even known the officer drew.. That doesn't say "aggression" to me. I don't think it's anything to get our panties in a wad over.

I never thought I'd say this but I kind of think WalkingWolf has the right idea here.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 08-01-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Suspicions confirmed. George has " Gone to Texas !"

Welcome to Texas George. Wouldn't mind having George for my next door neighbor.
    Last edited by rushcreek2; 08-01-2013 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    Big F'ing deal. waiting for the bigoted DOJ is trying to figure out how they can hang him and not get into real trouble themselves
    If the head of the DOJ is in contempt of Congress, what exactly constitutes 'getting into real trouble?'
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    yeah sorry...forgot to post link.

i wasn't saying it was a big deal, i was just saying, i've been pulled over before, and never had a gun drawn. i don't think he did it aggressively, i just thought it was odd to pull it out after the driver TOLD him he had a gun. not the cop SEEING one without prior notice. especially since the driver followed the law and notified upon contact.

that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer6 View Post
    yeah sorry...forgot to post link.

i wasn't saying it was a big deal, i was just saying, i've been pulled over before, and never had a gun drawn. i don't think he did it aggressively, i just thought it was odd to pull it out after the driver TOLD him he had a gun. not the cop SEEING one without prior notice. especially since the driver followed the law and notified upon contact.

that's all.
    This is just my speculation, but it sounded like Zimmerman had the handgun in his glove box and was reaching around that area, maybe for insurance info or maybe he assumed the officer would want to see the weapon, who knows. I didn't watch the video closely enough to tell when exactly he drew, whether it was as soon as Zimmerman notified him about the firearm or if it was when the cop said something about closing the glove box and not handling the firearm during the stop... Again, just speculating, since the video doesn't show what's going on inside the vehicle. IMO in that case it's slightly less odd than drawing in response to the mere notification of having a firearm. But I do see what you're saying, no disagreement here. Really, outside of the fact that he drew his handgun from it's holster, that officer seems like a really nice, level headed guy. If I knew that every police officer that pulled me over or stopped me would act in that manner (again outside of unholstering his pistol), I'd probably not be bothered as much by it.

Banned
    I've had cops do this with traffic stops ... even pointing at me.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    This is just my speculation, but it sounded like Zimmerman had the handgun in his glove box and was reaching around that area, maybe for insurance info or maybe he assumed the officer would want to see the weapon, who knows. I didn't watch the video closely enough to tell when exactly he drew, whether it was as soon as Zimmerman notified him about the firearm or if it was when the cop said something about closing the glove box and not handling the firearm during the stop... Again, just speculating, since the video doesn't show what's going on inside the vehicle. IMO in that case it's slightly less odd than drawing in response to the mere notification of having a firearm. But I do see what you're saying, no disagreement here. Really, outside of the fact that he drew his handgun from it's holster, that officer seems like a really nice, level headed guy. If I knew that every police officer that pulled me over or stopped me would act in that manner (again outside of unholstering his pistol), I'd probably not be bothered as much by it.

I read the story last week then watched the video this morning. It does appear that Zimmerman likely reached over and opened the glove box in an attempt to show the officer which caused him to draw his firearm. I always inform the LEO right away that i am CCW licensed and either A. have my firearm in my ******* holster on my right/left side (i cross draw carry a lot) or B. I am licensed but am not carrying today. I would never reach for my firearm to show him. Poor Z, trying to do the right thing.

Apparently the officer is in hot water for taking a picture of something (you can hear it in the video but then the LEO mentions a flat tire or something?), the pic was probably Z's license to show his friends. At any rate the officer clearly supported Z otherwise he would've wrote him a ticket.

Had a cop in Tennessee do this to me several years ago. He didn't like the fact that I'd rolled down my window and placed both hands on the window ledge.

Quote Originally Posted by davesnothere View Post
    Had a cop in Tennessee do this to me several years ago. He didn't like the fact that I'd rolled down my window and placed both hands on the window ledge.
    Goes to show it can sometimes be problematic to try and go the extra mile to be courteous to an officer. They're all individuals and are subject to take different actions different ways. IMO rolling the window down and making your hands visible is pretty reasonable. Maybe he thought it was a little overboard to put them on the window ledge and viewed the 'over-compliance' as suspicious