Thread: There really IS a 'gun control playbook'

There really IS a 'gun control playbook'

There is a ‘gun control playbook’ versus Washington gun owners..and we're up against it!!!

The firearms community has long quipped about gun control strategies from a “playbook,” but yesterday a major gun rights group discovered that advice from a genuine guide to waging a politically-savvy gun control campaign – produced in part by Washington, D.C. consultants who did research for a Washington State gun control group – is part of that group’s political effort.

http://www.examiner.com/article/ther...ton-gun-owners

The "lost" PDF is available at http://www.tbe.org/uploadedFiles/sit...de%20PDF-1.pdf

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    The "lost" PDF is available at http://www.tbe.org/uploadedFiles/sit...de%20PDF-1.pdf

stay safe.
    I see that many of the anti-crowd have already read this, almost like everything they do is pulled from this playbook. I just had to stop reading it half way through.

Lets all make sure we focus on emotions everyone...
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

stay safe.
    My God -- I wish I had the time to fisk the hell out of that guide. Is there a collaborative space where we could post it and multiple folks could contribute?
    Support these forums, please donate if you are able to OpenCarry.Org!

Quote Originally Posted by slapmonkay View Post
    I see that many of the anti-crowd have already read this, almost like everything they do is pulled from this playbook. I just had to stop reading it half way through.

Lets all make sure we focus on emotions everyone...
    Therein lies the key to their rubbish. The entire playbook emphasizes "make it emotional" not "make it factual." They know that the actual facts do not support their agenda.
    Rev. Robert Apgood, Esq.

A right cannot be lost by exercising it. McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025, 130 S. Ct. 3020, 3021, 177 L. Ed. 2d 894 (2010) (citing Near v. Minn., 283 U.S. 697 (1931)).

Although IAAL, anything I say here is not legal advice. No conversations we may have privately or otherwise in this forum constitute the formation of an attorney-client relationship, and are not intended to do so.

maybe Workman should copy the PDF from Skid's link in case someone reads these threads and deletes that link....
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 08-01-2013 at 08:24 PM.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    maybe Workman should copy the PDF from Skid's link in case someone reads these threads and deletes that link....
    If it disappears, I've got it.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

Re: There really IS a 'gun control playbook'

A copy of the Chicago written court ordered Illinois license to carry (not) law. Confuse, obfuscate, criminalize.

Carthago Delenda Est

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rapgood View Post
    Therein lies the key to their rubbish. The entire playbook emphasizes "make it emotional" not "make it factual." They know that the actual facts do not support their agenda.
    Another fact is that every single human activity involves an emotion. (Go ahead, try to think of one that doesn't.)

Using emotion is part of persuasion. What husband ever succeeded at convincing his wife to go to the races by being bored? People are emotional creatures. There is no special honor in relying only on facts.

Its our side's failure to use emotion that is helping the bad guys. Hit the right emotional strings, and we can persuade more.

For example,

When the anti-gunners whine about guns in schools, an emotional counter might be, "What kind of savage beast wants our children and teachers defenseless against a madman?"

One thousand murders are not the murderers' fault. "The victims' blood is on the hands of the callous and evil who rendered them defenseless with draconian anti-self-defense laws."

"Protect your kids. Buy a gun and take a class on armed self-defense."

"What kind of parent makes their kid prey for a predator later in life by teaching them that guns are bad at an early age?"

"No guns in schools: because anti-gunners and administrators think pigtails look good with blood."

"Tommy can't walk--because his parents supported gun control."

Etc.

ETA: Join in. Just for practice. Lets make a whole thread of emotional arguments for self-defense.
    Last edited by Citizen; 08-01-2013 at 10:29 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned
    Calm down, get a hold of yourself !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0GW0Vnr9Yc

Quote Originally Posted by rapgood View Post

Thanks for this post.

I refer to it in my Friday follow-up with kudos to Mr. Smith's work:

‘Gun violence prevention’ is ‘gun control’

Evergreen State gun owners are talking up yesterday’s revelations about a genuine gun control “playbook” and on the Open Carry/Washington forum, one participant answered a fairly common question about whether there is a “pro-gun playbook” that may be used by gun rights advocates.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gun-...is-gun-control
    Last edited by Dave Workman; 08-02-2013 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    I also have it saved in iBooks.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Re: There really IS a 'gun control playbook'

Thanks for this. Saved to tablet, phone, and thumbdrive.

Quote Originally Posted by tombrewster421 View Post
    I also have it saved in iBooks.
    That would be a good thing considering I just tried the link and the message said "Woops Page could not be found". If possible could a page be made on the site so that those of us who did not get a chance to read it might get a look.

Quote Originally Posted by squeezeplae View Post
    That would be a good thing considering I just tried the link and the message said "Woops Page could not be found". If possible could a page be made on the site so that those of us who did not get a chance to read it might get a look.
    The iBooks app will let me email it. PM me your address and I'll send it.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

WAC members warm up to I-591 effort

One day after the executive director of the anti-gun Mayors Against Illegal Guns told MSNBC’s Chris Matthews that people should run away from an attack or fight with fists rather than use a gun, visitors at this weekend’s Puyallup gun show are standing their ground with ink and dollars, fighting a gun control initiative with one of their own.

http://www.examiner.com/article/wac-...o-i-591-effort

I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Asinine. If I have time, I just might outline a rebuttal for a bunch of that BS rhetoric. Like "there's no reason citizens need military-style weapons" example. I'm sorry, but if you go through time, citizens have always had military-style weapons.

It's not an ignorant resolution to be debated and contradicted, it is the big lie handbook, to to be told often enough that weak minds will believe and remember to regurgitate it. Maybe it is analogous to our Gun Facts http://www.gunfacts.info/

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Asinine. If I have time, I just might outline a rebuttal for a bunch of that BS rhetoric. Like "there's no reason citizens need military-style weapons" example. I'm sorry, but if you go through time, citizens have always had military-style weapons.
    +1
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Advice on how to argue about Background checks from PR [playbook]... John R. Lott

In this post, I am just discussing five of their comments regarding background checks.
    http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/2013/0...ackground.html With links to his previously published work on point.

Another playbook repository http://johnrlott.tripod.com/preventi..._messaging.pdf