• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

There really IS a 'gun control playbook'

Dave Workman

There is a ‘gun control playbook’ versus Washington gun owners..and we're up against it!!!

The firearms community has long quipped about gun control strategies from a “playbook,” but yesterday a major gun rights group discovered that advice from a genuine guide to waging a politically-savvy gun control campaign – produced in part by Washington, D.C. consultants who did research for a Washington State gun control group – is part of that group’s political effort.

http://www.examiner.com/article/there-is-a-gun-control-playbook-versus-washington-gun-owners

rapgood

I see that many of the anti-crowd have already read this, almost like everything they do is pulled from this playbook. I just had to stop reading it half way through.

Lets all make sure we focus on emotions everyone...

Therein lies the key to their rubbish. The entire playbook emphasizes "make it emotional" not "make it factual." They know that the actual facts do not support their agenda.

kurt555gs

A copy of the Chicago written court ordered Illinois license to carry (not) law. Confuse, obfuscate, criminalize.

Carthago Delenda Est

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Therein lies the key to their rubbish. The entire playbook emphasizes "make it emotional" not "make it factual." They know that the actual facts do not support their agenda.

Another fact is that every single human activity involves an emotion. (Go ahead, try to think of one that doesn't.)

Using emotion is part of persuasion. What husband ever succeeded at convincing his wife to go to the races by being bored? People are emotional creatures. There is no special honor in relying only on facts.

Its our side's failure to use emotion that is helping the bad guys. Hit the right emotional strings, and we can persuade more.

For example,

When the anti-gunners whine about guns in schools, an emotional counter might be, "What kind of savage beast wants our children and teachers defenseless against a madman?"

One thousand murders are not the murderers' fault. "The victims' blood is on the hands of the callous and evil who rendered them defenseless with draconian anti-self-defense laws."

"Protect your kids. Buy a gun and take a class on armed self-defense."

"What kind of parent makes their kid prey for a predator later in life by teaching them that guns are bad at an early age?"

"No guns in schools: because anti-gunners and administrators think pigtails look good with blood."

"Tommy can't walk--because his parents supported gun control."

Etc.

ETA: Join in. Just for practice. Lets make a whole thread of emotional arguments for self-defense.

Last edited:

Dave Workman

Thanks for this post.

I refer to it in my Friday follow-up with kudos to Mr. Smith's work:

‘Gun violence prevention’ is ‘gun control’

Evergreen State gun owners are talking up yesterday’s revelations about a genuine gun control “playbook” and on the Open Carry/Washington forum, one participant answered a fairly common question about whether there is a “pro-gun playbook” that may be used by gun rights advocates.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gun-violence-prevention-is-gun-control

Last edited:

squeezeplae

I also have it saved in iBooks.

That would be a good thing considering I just tried the link and the message said "Woops Page could not be found". If possible could a page be made on the site so that those of us who did not get a chance to read it might get a look.

tombrewster421

That would be a good thing considering I just tried the link and the message said "Woops Page could not be found". If possible could a page be made on the site so that those of us who did not get a chance to read it might get a look.

The iBooks app will let me email it. PM me your address and I'll send it.

Dave Workman

WAC members warm up to I-591 effort

One day after the executive director of the anti-gun Mayors Against Illegal Guns told MSNBC’s Chris Matthews that people should run away from an attack or fight with fists rather than use a gun, visitors at this weekend’s Puyallup gun show are standing their ground with ink and dollars, fighting a gun control initiative with one of their own.

http://www.examiner.com/article/wac-members-warm-up-to-i-591-effort

mikeyb

Asinine. If I have time, I just might outline a rebuttal for a bunch of that BS rhetoric. Like "there's no reason citizens need military-style weapons" example. I'm sorry, but if you go through time, citizens have always had military-style weapons.