Thread: Sweeping Gun Law changes go into effect across Alabama today!

Sweeping Gun Law changes go into effect across Alabama today!

We've had so many setbacks and difficulties. This is the sweet moment where you get to take a breath, and realize something relatively good has happened.

Take a second to celebrate this victory today. Everyone has done a great job on this. Thanks to Sen. Beason for running with it, and everyone who fought for its passage.
    A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
    But have his weapons to hand:
    He knows not when he may need a spear,
    Or what menace meet on the road.

- Odin
    The Havamal

-52 applies again, discarding CDJ vs state and braxton vs state; consent remains ambiguous, so it is difficult to know or prove that a person does not need written permission from a store owner to OC without a permit. The wording of disorderly conduct is bad (its no protection for someone who wants to carry a slung rifle). Preemption has become meaningless. Truck carry via unloaded and secured pistol is ridiculous, but was de facto law anyway. Finally, the portion for having a firearm in a vehicle at work was needless, only wimpy fools unlock their vehicle to allow an employer to conduct a search; the rest were likely storing a pistol regardless of policy. The interior of my vehicle is my property, it is not on the employers property.

I see no reason for rejoice. The only way to make this worse is if the guy arrested (and convicted in a municipal court) for -52 in Jacksonville was acquitted upon appeal.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Worse, we now have no-carry zones and exemptions installed for law enforcement officers (LEOs), where before we had neither.

Of course, then again, we're arguing over something excepted out of the general powers of government by the state constitution itself.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

And now we have confusion about long guns. Which we didn't before, but that was before 11-80-11 was gutted like a tuna by a blind man.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Banned
    Yeah. Thanks a lot Alabama gun rights activists. You really made the law better!