Thread: WI:Racine Gun Turn in (buy back)a Bust. Political theater subsidized by local police.

WI:Racine Gun Turn in (buy back)a Bust. Political theater subsidized by local police.

" A total of 77 guns were turned in, with many of them being BB guns."

Scholars have concluded that such events are ineffective at reducing crime, while opponents have said that they amount to little more than political theater aimed at undermining the Second Amendment, while being subsidized by local police forces.

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2013/07...acka-bust.html

©2013 by Dean Weingarten: Permission to share is granted when this notice is included.
    Posted by Dean Weingarten at 7/29/2013 08:43:00 AM
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    i would suggest that the police turn in their guns to improve the buyback's lack of success

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    i would suggest that the police turn in their guns to improve the buyback's lack of success
    Especially since many of them can't hit the broad side of a barn...
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    Many? Your proof of that statement would be what? Sounds like law enforcement bashing to me.
    http://www.theppsc.org/Staff_Views/Aveni/OIS.pdf
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Centurion

Most Police are Not Gun Enthusiasts

In my experience, having trained and observed hundreds of police officers shooting, most are not that interested in marksmanship. This is simply a reflection of society, where most people are not shooting enthusiasts.

They can qualify, and that is about all that you would expect.

Remember, stress degrades marksmanship.

Shooting at a target that shoots back is much different from shooting at a paper bullseye, though proficiency at bullseye shooting helps quite a bit. Learned reflexes take over under stress.

I have always said about 90 percent of LEOs only care about firearms because they have to carry one. Five to seven percent care a bit more and train with theirs a bit more

Five to three percent are true gun people like the rest of true gun people.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Fifteen shots at an unarmed 60 y.o. man, looking in their car for cigarettes, in his mom's driveway, fired at close range. Thirteen missed.

http://kdvr.com/2013/08/01/police-sh...him-for-thief/

Good shots? You decide?

Moral: Don't smoke cigarettes!?

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    Fifteen shots at an unarmed 60 y.o. man, looking in their car for cigarettes, in his mom's driveway, fired at close range. Thirteen missed.

http://kdvr.com/2013/08/01/police-sh...him-for-thief/

Good shots? You decide?

Moral: Don't smoke cigarettes!?
    “The tragedy of this is the noncompliance to the directions of law enforcement officers,” said Sheriff David Morgan of Escambia County, Florida. “Had that occurred we wouldn’t be having this discussion. It’s a tragedy all the way around. He is both a suspect and a victim.”
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    “The tragedy of this is the noncompliance to the directions of law enforcement officers,” said Sheriff David Morgan of Escambia County, Florida. “Had that occurred we wouldn’t be having this discussion. It’s a tragedy all the way around. He is both a suspect and a victim.”
    Two officers 15 bullets vs an unarmed man in his own driveway. He said he turned around with hands up. I find that credible. Cops that own up to their mistakes - is this rare or not so rare? You decide. When he sues the force, which he will, I think the jury will find their actions and their excuses less than credible. We shall see.
    Last edited by Maverick9; 08-02-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    Two officers 15 bullets vs an unarmed man in his own driveway. He said he turned around with hands up. I find that credible. Cops that own up to their mistakes - is this rare or not so rare? You decide. When he sues the force, which he will, I think the jury will find their actions and their excuses less than credible. We shall see.
    Fortunately, we have rule of law and due process in this country and there will be an investigation and imo most of the time the powers that be do a pretty good job of holding errant cops responsible while protecting their rights and conducting a fair investigation. One can always find exceptions, but most likely these cops will get investigated and the process will be fair.