Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man handcuffed for open carry

Man handcuffed for open carry

http://www.infowars.com/vermont-man-...al-open-carry/

The enemy handcuffs and detains man for lawful open carry because it's supposedly unusual behavior.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    The young man needs to learn a lot more about his rights - he was "expecting them to run the serial numbers" - No, no, no.

Arrested/detained for breaking no laws

He needs to seek legal council ASAP and file FOIA requests. He has a great opportunity to educate this LEA and receive some just compensation.

Had no idea that this could happen in Vermont.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I am so shocked, IN VERMONT!!
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Hopefully some Vt residents can direct this man to a good lawyer in the area....
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    The young man needs to learn a lot more about his rights - he was "expecting them to run the serial numbers" - No, no, no.

Arrested/detained for breaking no laws

He needs to seek legal council ASAP and file FOIA requests. He has a great opportunity to educate this LEA and receive some just compensation.

Had no idea that this could happen in Vermont.
    False arrest and assault and battery. In a state where you need no permit to CC, this is absolute BS and an example of the moron cops making up their own rules. A nice cash award awaits him with good legal representation and the ******* cops can learn a valuable, albeit costly, lesson. Maybe they would like to run the serial numbers on my Rolex to make sure it isn't stolen, too. Would be fine with me, as they'd be buying me my next one.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

The reason this is happening is the cops are now being hired in Vermont from Massachusetts. Bald headed paramilitary types that think Mass laws apply in VT. If you live in VT - GET OUT! It is now owned by MA, NY & NJ!

Quote Originally Posted by vermonter View Post
    The reason this is happening is the cops are now being hired in Vermont from Massachusetts. Bald headed paramilitary types that think Mass laws apply in VT. If you live in VT - GET OUT! It is now owned by MA, NY & NJ!
    Don't abandon the field, retake the high ground.

Get involved - make a difference.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Re: Man handcuffed for open carry

NH is resisting the statists very well. Vermont is a small state, fight these bastards.

Man handcuffed for open carry

It doesn't take a lawyer to realize this is unlawful detainment.

Civil suit should be made.
    I want to keep our founding fathers' visions and rights for this country pure. I implore you to do the same.

Rutland is not a good city for police or crime. If you ever have any trouble in Burlington ask for Lt Emmet Helrich. He does not tolerate harassment of law abiding citizens. Example of a GREAT police supervisor - Corporal Glynn of BPD is NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    http://www.infowars.com/vermont-man-...al-open-carry/

The enemy handcuffs and detains man for lawful open carry because it's supposedly unusual behavior.
    WHAT????? It's ok to run serial numbers and look at the gun????? Something is goofy here! In Wisconsin where I OC regularly, I have mingled with leos and deputies, and never have they done what they did to that guy.
    I say it is paranoia overreach without probable cause. He needs to get a good 2A attorney.

RE: Vermont Stops

Although illegal - Vermont cops should use a little common sense in who they stop. There are MANY gang banger types that are coming to Vermont, and if one of them is OC they should be stopped and frisked. I think common sense dictates that one can tell the difference between a former vet and a drug dealing gang banger from Massachusetts. I have been stopped for OC several time and I handed them one of many non-resident CCW's and away I went without scrutiny. Vermont is a different world thanks to the do-gooder libtards who advertized in Springfield, MA and the South Bronx that free welfare was available here. All the local girls become ho's in the harem for these criminals bringing in the welfare" mo-money". I personally don't want gang bangers carrying in my state (or even living in my state), but there needs to be balance so the law abiding vet or ther citizen's rights are not violated. The law abiding are the ones who need this the most!

According to Rutland cops I have talked to this is why (article below) they are checking for illegal weapons. Do you not agree that these for men should not be allowed to carry, and go to federal prison if caught doing so (all are felons)?

http://www.wcax.com/story/8931468/fe...-vt-carjacking

Here is what's going on in Vermont - and exactly why you need to carry:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/28/us...emic.html?_r=0

Vermont needs a permit OPTION which will also help with reciprocity. I would be the first to get one so I don't need to rely on Utah. If I get stopped I can flash the cop my permit and get a wave and "have a nice day".

Although illegal - Vermont cops should use a little common sense in who they stop. There are MANY gang banger types that are coming to Vermont, and if one of them is OC they should be stopped and frisked. I think common sense dictates that one can tell the difference between a former vet and a drug dealing gang banger from Massachusetts. I have been stopped for OC several time and I handed them one of many non-resident CCW's and away I went without scrutiny. Vermont is a different world thanks to the do-gooder libtards who advertized in Springfield, MA and the South Bronx that free welfare was available here. All the local girls become ho's in the harem for these criminals bringing in the welfare" mo-money". I personally don't want gang bangers carrying in my state (or even living in my state), but there needs to be balance so the law abiding vet or ther citizen's rights are not violated. The law abiding are the ones who need this the most!

According to Rutland cops I have talked to this is why (article below) they are checking for illegal weapons. Do you not agree that these for men should not be allowed to carry, and go to federal prison if caught doing so (all are felons)?

http://www.wcax.com/story/8931468/fe...-vt-carjacking

Here is what's going on in Vermont - and exactly why you need to carry:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/28/us...emic.html?_r=0

Vermont needs a permit OPTION which will also help with reciprocity. I would be the first to get one so I don't need to rely on Utah. If I get stopped I can flash the cop my permit and get a wave and "have a nice day".
    We don't have gang bangers in MA.. Especially not in Springfield....

Just be lucky we aren't sending you the kids from brockton, fall river, new bedford and Lynn....

All upstanding citizens....

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Don't abandon the field, retake the high ground.

Get involved - make a difference.
    This is TRUTH!! Don't roll over. Get involved, BE the difference.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

1. Although illegal - Vermont cops should use a little common sense in who they stop. There are MANY gang banger types that are coming to Vermont, and if one of them is OC they should be stopped and frisked.

2. I have been stopped for OC several time and I handed them one of many non-resident CCW's and away I went without scrutiny.

3. I personally don't want gang bangers carrying in my state (or even living in my state), but there needs to be balance so the law abiding vet or ther citizen's rights are not violated. The law abiding are the ones who need this the most!

4. According to Rutland cops I have talked to this is why (article below) they are checking for illegal weapons. Do you not agree that these for men should not be allowed to carry, and go to federal prison if caught doing so (all are felons)?

5. If I get stopped I can flash the cop my permit and get a wave and "have a nice day".
    I am having a hard time with what you have written. I have a headache and sometimes I do not understand clearly. Please correct me if I am not understanding what you mean.

1. Everything after "illegal is moot. It should not happen.

2. Just flashing a concealed license is a "get out of jail free" card? I can print them up by the dozen.

3. Oh.....for the "greater good". I better go check my Constitution, that seems to not sound right.

4. "Still beating your wife?" No, heard that one before. "Think of the children!!!!!!"

5. My dress, a "get out of jail" card, a badge, what I drive, are my own bloody business. If my actions are out of line, arrest me. Otherwise, this is a free Country, protected by the Document. You may not have intended it, but you sounded very totalitarian. I have lived in countries like that. Not fun, mate.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    I am having a hard time with what you have written. I have a headache and sometimes I do not understand clearly. Please correct me if I am not understanding what you mean.

1. Everything after "illegal is moot. It should not happen.

2. Just flashing a concealed license is a "get out of jail free" card? I can print them up by the dozen.

3. Oh.....for the "greater good". I better go check my Constitution, that seems to not sound right.

4. "Still beating your wife?" No, heard that one before. "Think of the children!!!!!!"

5. My dress, a "get out of jail" card, a badge, what I drive, are my own bloody business. If my actions are out of line, arrest me. Otherwise, this is a free Country, protected by the Document. You may not have intended it, but you sounded very totalitarian. I have lived in countries like that. Not fun, mate.
    Your dress matters very much.. The length must be appropriate and the color must match your eyes...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    WHAT????? It's ok to run serial numbers and look at the gun????? Something is goofy here! In Wisconsin where I OC regularly, I have mingled with leos and deputies, and never have they done what they did to that guy.
    I say it is paranoia overreach without probable cause. He needs to get a good 2A attorney.
    My guns don't have serial numbers.....suck on that Mr. "I want to check your serial numbers"

2nd amendment means nothing if the gov't can just ask to take them away

--snipped--
    Checking for illegal weapons? Really?

IF
    someone is known to be disbarred from possession or carrying, then take action; but OC in and of itself is not RAS of a crime.

United States v. Black, 707 F.3d 531 (4th Cir. 2013) (“[W]here a state permits individuals to openly carry firearms, the exercise of this right, without more, cannot justify an investigatory detention.”)
    http://nccriminallaw.sog.unc.edu/?p=4531

Yes I know Vermont is not in the 4th circuit.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 09-02-2014 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Added

There are MANY gang banger types that are coming to Vermont, and if one of them is OC they should be stopped and frisked. I think common sense dictates that one can tell the difference between a former vet and a drug dealing gang banger from Massachusetts.
    What, exactly, is a "gang banger type", and is being one of whatever that is, RAS for a stop and frisk?

A Rutland officer earlier had stopped in Pittsford to lay a spike strip in the road in hopes of stopping the fleeing vehicle. While there, his police dog, King Luther, jumped out of his cruiser and was struck and killed by a passing Vermont State Police cruiser.
    Another nitwit cop is gunna get off scot free for his negligence and a citizen is gunna be charged with killing a vicious lethal weapon.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

No one wants to hear the truth

No Vermonter sould be stopped and frisked for merely open carrying. The key word is VERMONTER. Ask anyone who lives here what is coming here from Springfield Mass and the Bronx, they are not Vermonters b/c they have a VT ID card (none can get DL's - their Ho's drive em around). I don't think they should be merely searched, they should be driven to the Mass border with a warning - keep walking south!

Sorry to dissapoint you but the 2nd amendment does not apply to felons (ESPECIALLY the type that are coming from Mass) - nor do voting rights. You lost ALL your rights when you sold dope to someones kid and now they are in the morgue.

You commenters from out of state do NOT HAVE A CLUE what Vermont is all about. I was born here (Poultney) - maple syrup, sleigh rides at Christmas. Now we have THIS ruining our state? If I saw a MASS/NY gangbanger approaching me OC he would have a bead on him for sure! LUCKILY for them none do b/c they are sacred shitless of the locals outside the city of Rutland.

It's not a race thing - plenty of Eminem/Vanilla Ice wanna be's coming here too! This state is becoing a real sh%#hole and plenty of people on Open Carry to support their "rights". Not sure what your agenda is, but mine IS to see LAW ABIDING persons rights protected, not those of violent felons who would kill you for looking at them the wrong way. The police KNOW the difference - it's called profiling. If it walks like a duck! Back to the original story, the man who was stopped never should have been. He does not "fit the description".

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    What, exactly, is a "gang banger type", and is being one of whatever that is, RAS for a stop and frisk?
    Martha Stewart did not carjack the blind guy and his girlfriend - neither did Snoop Dogg - don't be an ass.

You all were quick to condemn Travon Martin, a punk for sure, but no gang banger. We have Crips, Bloods and MS coming here to sell drugs to VERMONT kids and ALL should be relieved of the guns and their freedom.

No Vermonter sould be stopped and frisked for merely open carrying. The key word is VERMONTER. Ask anyone who lives here what is coming here from Springfield Mass and the Bronx, they are not Vermonters b/c they have a VT ID card (none can get DL's - their Ho's drive em around). I don't think they should be merely searched, they should be driven to the Mass border with a warning - keep walking south!

Sorry to dissapoint you but the 2nd amendment does not apply to felons (ESPECIALLY the type that are coming from Mass) - nor do voting rights. You lost ALL your rights when you sold dope to someones kid and now they are in the morgue.

You commenters from out of state do NOT HAVE A CLUE what Vermont is all about. I was born here (Poultney) - maple syrup, sleigh rides at Christmas. Now we have THIS ruining our state? If I saw a MASS/NY gangbanger approaching me OC he would have a bead on him for sure! LUCKILY for them none do b/c they are sacred shitless of the locals outside the city of Rutland.

It's not a race thing - plenty of Eminem/Vanilla Ice wanna be's coming here too! This state is becoing a real sh%#hole and plenty of people on Open Carry to support their "rights". Not sure what your agenda is, but mine IS to see LAW ABIDING persons rights protected, not those of violent felons who would kill you for looking at them the wrong way. The police KNOW the difference - it's called profiling. If it walks like a duck! Back to the original story, the man who was stopped never should have been. He does not "fit the description".

Dan
    We all know or should know that racial profiling is illegal.

Other forms of profiling are ineffective: long hair, tats, worn out clothing, custom vehicles, where they live. People are best judged by what they do, not there appearance.

Yes the BGs have civil rights too, regularly upheld by the courts. That is as it should be.

Martha Stewart did not carjack the blind guy and his girlfriend - neither did Snoop Dogg - don't be an ass.

You all were quick to condemn Travon Martin, a punk for sure, but no gang banger. We have Crips, Bloods and MS coming here to sell drugs to VERMONT kids and ALL should be relieved of the guns and their freedom.
    Though situation to be sure. It is unfortunate that Vermont is now experiencing what many states have been experiencing for many years now.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

No Vermonter sould be stopped and frisked for merely open carrying. The key word is VERMONTER.
    I wasn't aware that the constitution and common law civil rights only applied to Vermonters.

You still haven't explained what a "gang banger type" is, how they can be identified, or how they forfeit their rights by not being Vermonters.

You all were quick to condemn Travon Martin, a punk for sure, but no gang banger.
    Be careful where you swing that broad brush; I think you just got some on yourself.

We have Crips, Bloods and MS coming here to sell drugs to VERMONT kids and ALL should be relieved of the guns and their freedom.
    That's funny, we have VERMONT kids coming to New Hampshire selling drugs, but we don't stop and frisk them all when they cross the river.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast