Thread: Smithfield Premium Outlets

Smithfield Premium Outlets

Quick question. Does anyone know if it's legal to open carry at the Smithfield Premium Outlets?

Quote Originally Posted by KillFace View Post
    Quick question. Does anyone know if it's legal to open carry at the Smithfield Premium Outlets?
    Is there something "special" about the Outlet? Do they sell and serve alcohol or charge admission? Otherwise, is it posted no firearms? Even if posted, unless you are CC, the most they can do is ask you to leave.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

As far as I know, no alcohol or admission. I don't know if there is a no firearms sign or not. That's true, that's what happened to me at Bed Bath & Beyond in Knightdale like a year ago. Guess I'll have to look at all the windows to see, unless they have a sign like at the malls.

But if anyone else has any insight, please feel free to voice it.

I open carried there on Saturday 3 Aug and nothing was said and didnt see any signs...

I was open-carrying at the outlets today and had a security guard ask me to put my weapon in the car because the outlets are private property, although I didn't see any signs posted prohibiting firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeypoo12 View Post
    I was open-carrying at the outlets today and had a security guard ask me to put my weapon in the car because the outlets are private property, although I didn't see any signs posted prohibiting firearms.

Just because the outlets are private property, or because the owners don't want to allow firearms? Did you tell him that your $$ stays with your gun? I would have asked for a copy of the rules and the relevant contact # to followup.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeypoo12 View Post
    I have OC'd there before without an issue. If IRC I nodded to the security guard when he drove by.

I OC'd there a couple of months ago and had no problems. Only had the usual weird looks.

OC'd there several times without issue, but I have seen signs right when you enter the property (by car entrance) with very small wording, obviously no time to read coming on to the property. I believe it is also posted in the Security office. Again, never had any issue, but I believe it comes down to how one is dressed and presents themselves. I simply love to see the looks on the faces of the New Yorkers, New Jerzians and Maryland folks when I walk by.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    Thomas Jefferson