• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Smithfield Premium Outlets

carolina guy

Quick question. Does anyone know if it's legal to open carry at the Smithfield Premium Outlets?

Is there something "special" about the Outlet? Do they sell and serve alcohol or charge admission? Otherwise, is it posted no firearms? Even if posted, unless you are CC, the most they can do is ask you to leave.

KillFace

As far as I know, no alcohol or admission. I don't know if there is a no firearms sign or not. That's true, that's what happened to me at Bed Bath & Beyond in Knightdale like a year ago. Guess I'll have to look at all the windows to see, unless they have a sign like at the malls.

Jakeypoo12

I was open-carrying at the outlets today and had a security guard ask me to put my weapon in the car because the outlets are private property, although I didn't see any signs posted prohibiting firearms.

carolina guy

I was open-carrying at the outlets today and had a security guard ask me to put my weapon in the car because the outlets are private property, although I didn't see any signs posted prohibiting firearms.

Just because the outlets are private property, or because the owners don't want to allow firearms? Did you tell him that your $$ stays with your gun? I would have asked for a copy of the rules and the relevant contact # to followup.

jeffy_ssd

I have OC'd there before without an issue. If IRC I nodded to the security guard when he drove by.

Northerner

OC'd there several times without issue, but I have seen signs right when you enter the property (by car entrance) with very small wording, obviously no time to read coming on to the property. I believe it is also posted in the Security office. Again, never had any issue, but I believe it comes down to how one is dressed and presents themselves. I simply love to see the looks on the faces of the New Yorkers, New Jerzians and Maryland folks when I walk by.