Thread: Oberlin City parks...

Oberlin City parks...

main thread is over at OFCC 9.68 forum, but the jist is, Oberlin law says no guns in parks... Chief of police said no guns, then changed his mind after i sent OFCCvCleveland, etc... anyhow, if anyone up that way wants to meet up and chat tomorrow, drop me a line... we're heading up to Spring Street Park with the kids around 11ish... then going to find some food later...

Don't get the two cases mixed up. Cleveland v. Ohio is one and OFCC v. City of Clyde I believe is the other. The OFCC case specifically dealt with publicly owned parks.
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by NEOOpenCarry View Post
    Don't get the two cases mixed up. Cleveland v. Ohio is one and OFCC v. City of Clyde I believe is the other. The OFCC case specifically dealt with publicly owned parks.
    I quoted Cleveland v. State in my letter to the chief because the park rule is a City Ord.... hence, null and void due to 9.68 preemption.

I should have checked this earlier. I live literally 8 minutes on back roads from oberlin. They DO NOT like the 2nd amendment or anything along the lines of it. It is a liberal arts college town with residents just like the students that go to college there. It's very sad really. Big psychedelic drug problem as well which I think also deters people from owning a firearm or even wanting to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordysoso View Post
    ...Big psychedelic drug problem as well which I think also deters people from owning a firearm or even wanting to see them.
    But those Glocks are so pretty with all those colors and those groovy wavy lines!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.

That "G" on the side looks never ending brahhhh lol

Banned

Oberlin City parks...

Have the Oberlin City Parks Department call their counterparts in Fairborn. They know how to fix noncompliance when it is brought to their attention.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>