• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What is your opinion regarding gun control...?

Hogwit

For those of us who have asked anyone at random that question, what have been your most crazy and most sane replies?

For me...
Sane: I asked one person who said that background checks to purchase guns and ammo are reasonable, waiting periods are as well, but every reasonable person should be able to carry open or concealed wherever they want.

Insane: I was a cashier at Tj Maxx, one customer had been talking about going hunting the next day so we discussed the topic then I asked a few customers the same question...what their opinion is regarding gun control...it looked to be a women in her mid 40's and she went crazy, "I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT YOU JUST SAID TO ME. I SERIOUSLY DON'T APPRECIATE OR DESERVE YOUR RUDE COMMENTS. UGH! HOW CAN YOU ASK ME A QUESTION LIKE THAT!? I DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH YOU RINGING ME OUT ANYMORE! YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE MENTAL PROBLEMS!" (She went on and on but I don't remember it all). It was fairly slow at the time, so another cashier walked over and asked what the problem was, she screamed back, "HE ASKED ME WHAT MY OPINION ON GUN CONTROL IS!" The other cashier finished ringing her out and after she paid she complained to another employee who passed it along to a manager...and I no longer work at Tj Maxx.
Funny thing with it all, between the hunter and her I had talked to a cop and a former cop both of whom loved the conversation and we discussed that I am buying a UTS 15 to which they each replied in their own way, "I'm glad some people still are involved with guns and are doing what they keep their rights." I've never heard a COP say that...or anything like it...I wonder if the cops a$$h0le attitudes disappear when they take off their uniform?
Well...anyone know of somewhere looking to high a 16 year old in Southern Middlesex?

PALO

For those of us who have asked anyone at random that question, what have been your most crazy and most sane replies?

For me...
Sane: I asked one person who said that background checks to purchase guns and ammo are reasonable, waiting periods are as well, but every reasonable person should be able to carry open or concealed wherever they want.

Insane: I was a cashier at Tj Maxx, one customer had been talking about going hunting the next day so we discussed the topic then I asked a few customers the same question...what their opinion is regarding gun control...it looked to be a women in her mid 40's and she went crazy, "I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT YOU JUST SAID TO ME. I SERIOUSLY DON'T APPRECIATE OR DESERVE YOUR RUDE COMMENTS. UGH! HOW CAN YOU ASK ME A QUESTION LIKE THAT!? I DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH YOU RINGING ME OUT ANYMORE! YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE MENTAL PROBLEMS!" (She went on and on but I don't remember it all). It was fairly slow at the time, so another cashier walked over and asked what the problem was, she screamed back, "HE ASKED ME WHAT MY OPINION ON GUN CONTROL IS!" The other cashier finished ringing her out and after she paid she complained to another employee who passed it along to a manager...and I no longer work at Tj Maxx.
Funny thing with it all, between the hunter and her I had talked to a cop and a former cop both of whom loved the conversation and we discussed that I am buying a UTS 15 to which they each replied in their own way, "I'm glad some people still are involved with guns and are doing what they keep their rights." I've never heard a COP say that...or anything like it...I wonder if the cops a$$h0le attitudes disappear when they take off their uniform?
Well...anyone know of somewhere looking to high a 16 year old in Southern Middlesex?

imo and ime most cops don't have that a$$hole attitude. Some do, but they are the exception. Ime, you get back what you put in. I had to deal with cops a lot in college and every time I was polite and respectful I received the same treatment back, and the one time I was a jerk I got a jerkhole response. Lesson learned. In general, I think it's a moral duty no matter what your profession, to treat people with love and kindness and respect./ Ime, the VAST majority of the time you do so, people act reasonably in return.

That being said ime cops in pro RKBA states tend to be more likely to be pro RKBA. Here in WA, most of the guys I talk to strongly support shall issue and/or constitutional carry. We know that lawful gun owners are far more likely to help us than harm us and they aren't the enemy.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Gun control = Keeping the handgun safely holstered until conditions warrant otherwise....or.....a firm two handed grip, pointed in a safe direction with the finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.

Good gun control is rapid target acquisition for the second shot.

Superb gun control is not needing the third shot.

The best, absolute best, gun control is knowing when not to draw or shoot.

davidmcbeth

Banned

For me...

BR checks? Not reasonable. Waiting periods? Not reasonable. Why?

What's the purpose of BR chks? To keep guns out of the hands of people not eligible? Not getting into the issue of who is not or who is eligible to purchase, one has to realize that it is easy to manufacture your own gun so it misses in this point. It also misses because people generally know when they are not eligible to purchase and when they are OK ~ so the BR check is just a burden that is improper because it tells the gov't that you are purchasing and some states require a dealer to tell exactly what gun is being purchased. None of this is the government's business.

Waiting periods? Many gun buyers are already own a gun so I don't see the logic in this. The idea that someone gets pissed off and goes out and buys a gun to shoot someone and that a waiting period has any effect on such a person is not based on anything; there is no data to support that waiting periods actually accomplish anything other than harass citizens. This ain't the movie Vacation. And sometimes shiit hits the fans pretty quick .. and people may have a need for getting a gun NOW, not 3 months from now.

The OP has been partially brainwashed ~ there is hope for him yet.

Last edited:

CT Barfly

Well, it's important to make sure they are under control at all times...have you ever seen an out of control gun?:shocker:

DDoutel

Gun control is citizen control, plain and simple. Now more than at any other time in our history, the citizen has need of the sacred right of defending themselves and their property against the violent actions perpetrated against them. Sadly, much of the violence of which I speak is perpetrated not by common criminals, but by state agencies against the individual. Police must never be allowed a monopoly of force against those whom they are sworn to serve.

papa bear

GRAPESHOT you and i are a lot in agreement. gun control is how you handle a gun.

gun infringement is what the anti defense people want