Thread: Review of Michigan's "Stand Your Ground" Law

Review of Michigan's "Stand Your Ground" Law

A Michigan lawmaker urges the state to look more closely at its justice system.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3691565.html
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    A Michigan lawmaker urges the state to look more closely at its justice system.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3691565.html
    one of the comments

"A politician from Detroit knows how to make a city safer? Comedy gold! "
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Re: Review of Michigan's "Stand Your Ground" Law

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    one of the comments

Yes! Calling them out. This is just another DIRTBAG trying to get name recognition before next years election bid. Same old crap just a different fly buzzing around it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Banned
    one of the comments

He did not say "safe" .. he said "safer" ...

one of the comments

Want to make Detroit safer? Fire the City Council and replace them with Republicans... Democrats are the reason Detroit has gone to hell as it is.
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

For Drama free gun rights discussion, see http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Ezerharden View Post
    Want to make Detroit safer? Fire the City Council and replace them with Republicans... Democrats are the reason Detroit has gone to hell as it is.
    Uhm.... sadly, Ez - MI republicans are no shining example on how to get things done. Look they've had both state houses & the Governor for years now, what have they done in general, let alone gun / civil rights? Just saying...same old crap....different fly breed spreading it. Detroit is a lost cause.... but it's good for zombie movies.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Uhm.... sadly, Ez - MI republicans are no shining example on how to get things done. Look they've had both state houses & the Governor for years now, what have they done in general, let alone gun / civil rights? Just saying...same old crap....different fly breed spreading it. Detroit is a lost cause.... but it's good for zombie movies.
    Actually we have a lot of RINO's in Lansing. I'm sure your familiar with the breed as I am sure AZ has at least one well known one.
    Last edited by Ezerharden; 08-04-2013 at 12:10 AM.
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

For Drama free gun rights discussion, see http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Ezerharden View Post
    Actually we have a lot of RINO's in Lansing. I'm sure your familiar with the breed as I am sure AZ has at least one well known one.
    Yep, we have more than our fair share... One of them once ran for president.... and now he wants to work with the democrats of gun control...

Man in Detroit who killed a carjacker and is free today because of Michigan's Self Defense Law.

"If you're reviewing it, you're trying to make changes to it. That's what you're trying to do," he said.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/23...-out-of-prison
    Last edited by DrTodd; 08-04-2013 at 10:21 AM.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.