Thread: Open Carry at Reno city council?

Open Carry at Reno city council?

Does anyone know? I'm planning on attending a meeting in the city council chambers and cannot find any information in regards to carry on the cities website?

Quote Originally Posted by GoDavyGo View Post
    Does anyone know? I'm planning on attending a meeting in the city council chambers and cannot find any information in regards to carry on the cities website?
    The City of Reno is unfortunately using incorrect signage that denotes "No Firearms" when according to the cited NRS, it should read "No Concealed Firearms"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6770.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	10685

Huh interesting.. I rarely get downtown anymore.. I guess we'll see how it goes.

I keep meaning to send a letter to the city manager and attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by battleborn View Post
    I keep meaning to send a letter to the city manager and attorney.
    You might look through the thread on my year long battle with the Henderson city fathers to get them to change the signage at Henderson City Hall. Yes, they referenced 202.3673 (CC law) to ban all firearms. I finally got them to cave and admit that they were in the wrong. Now the signs say "no concealed firearms per NRS 202.3673". I carry in there quite often. The thread might give you some ideas on form and content. You can also use what happened here as leverage up there.

Good luck and by all means go for it. You can make a difference.

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-2...l#NRS268Sec418

Except as otherwise provided by specific statute, the Legislature reserves for itself such rights and powers as are necessary to regulate the transfer, sale, purchase, possession, ownership, transportation, registration and licensing of firearms and ammunition in Nevada, and no city may infringe upon those rights and powers.
    The "no firearms allowed" decoration is fine and is closer to the letter of the law than "no concealed firearms allowed."

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-2...#NRS202Sec3673
    A public building that has a metal detector at each public entrance or a sign posted at each public entrance indicating that no firearms are allowed in the building
    Last edited by Yard Sale; 08-05-2013 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale View Post
    http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-2...l#NRS268Sec418

The "no firearms allowed" decoration is fine and is closer to the letter of the law than "no concealed firearms allowed."

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-2...#NRS202Sec3673
    202.3673 concerns conceal carry only. "Permittee authorized to carry concealed firearm while on premises of public building; exceptions; penalty."

The entire verbiage of 3b is

"(b) A public building that has a metal detector at each public entrance or a sign posted at each public entrance indicating that no firearms are allowed in the building, unless the permittee is not prohibited from carrying a concealed firearm while he or she is on the premises of the public building pursuant to subsection 4."

As with all open carry, there is no law against it, therefore it is legal. As the state has preempted firearms law except for discharge and Clark County registration, they cannot legally prevent you from open carry in city buildings.

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.