Thread: Emergency Trip to Florida. OC Advice

North Carolina

Emergency Trip to Florida. OC Advice

I have to make an emergency trip to Florida to see some family with health issues. I do not have a permission slip and prefer to not make the trip unarmed. I know NC law, I believe SC you can not carry open, Georgia is OC friendly but not sure on FL. I tried scrolling through each states page, but honestly just to short on time to do any research. Any help is appreciated.Thank you.

Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin

Passing through South Carolina

SECTION 16-23-20. Unlawful carrying of handgun; exceptions.

It is unlawful for anyone to carry about the person any handgun, whether concealed or not, except as follows, unless otherwise specifically prohibited by law:
    [ ... ]
    (9) a person in a vehicle if the handgun is: (a) secured in a closed glove compartment, closed console, closed trunk, or in a closed container secured by an integral fastener and transported in the luggage compartment of the vehicle; however, this item is not violated if the glove compartment, console, or trunk is opened in the presence of a law enforcement officer for the sole purpose of retrieving a driver's license, registration, or proof of insurance; or
    If TRUMP 2016 loses then I will shrug off my WHITE MAN'S BURDEN and leave the world to the Dindus and Done Nuffins. Read and understand Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged as a prescription for the future. TRUMP 2016

, , Kernersville NC
    Open carry in GA is not legal without a "carry permit". If you had a cc, then you could OC in GA since GA recognizes our cc permit. I may be wrong but that is what I have read and did a little research.

FL is generally no OC. There are exceptions for while you are on a fishing trip, and things like that, but in general, there is no OC in FL.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip