• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Emergency Trip to Florida. OC Advice

BroadwayJoe

I have to make an emergency trip to Florida to see some family with health issues. I do not have a permission slip and prefer to not make the trip unarmed. I know NC law, I believe SC you can not carry open, Georgia is OC friendly but not sure on FL. I tried scrolling through each states page, but honestly just to short on time to do any research. Any help is appreciated.Thank you.

nobama

Open carry in GA is not legal without a "carry permit". If you had a cc, then you could OC in GA since GA recognizes our cc permit. I may be wrong but that is what I have read and did a little research.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
FL is generally no OC. There are exceptions for while you are on a fishing trip, and things like that, but in general, there is no OC in FL.