Thread: Coming to FL for family emergency. OC help appreciated.

Coming to FL for family emergency. OC help appreciated.

I have to make an emergency trip to Florida to see some family with health issues. I do not have my concealed carry as NC is pro open carry, and prefer to not make the trip unarmed. I know NC law, I believe SC you can not carry open, Georgia is OC friendly but not sure on FL. I am honestly just to short on time to do any research. Any help is appreciated.Thank you.

In general, no OC in Florida. Exceptions for at home/work, hunting/fishing/camping, etc.
    You can keep a concealed firearm in your closed glove-box/console without a CWFL.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    No OC in Geogia w/o a recognized/accepted permit.

Short Cliff Notes versions available for each state here:
    http://www.opencarry.org/?page_id=103
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-04-2013 at 07:51 PM. Reason: added
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    go download the atf book regarding the 50 state's laws ... then you can reference it regarding where ever you desire to go.

Hope all turns out well in Fl.

In florida you can keep your lawfully owned handgun in your closed glove box or car's center console without a license. There are other exceptions but, from a practical standpoint, this should suffice.

I agree with NotALawyer on the few exceptions to OC in Florida. My CHL application states that Florida recognizes CWL holders from North Carolina, but not sure if you actually have those in your state, since NC is an OC state. You should be able to have the gun in your glove box in a zipped case with no issues; also, in your hotel room or wherever you are staying in Florida. I would not carry it on your person without a CWL as it could be a problem.