• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thoughts on Walther P99

brad98801

Does anyone have a Walther P99? I'm looking to get one and im just wondering how the 9mm version is and what the going price for one usually is?

mobiushky

Wow, since no one else helped out (watch you'll get flooded now). I don't have the P99. Never shot the P99. But I'll say this, with the exception of the P22 and the PK380, Walther makes really good handguns and I know a lot of people who swear by them. My friend carries a PPS in 9mm for his CC EDC. He even wrote a review that both Truth about guns and Walther USA picked up. Off track, sorry. Anyway, IMHO it seems like pretty much any well made modern pistol would be a fine option.

For pricing check gallery of guns, bud's guns, or grabagun. You should be able to find a reasonable idea of the going price. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Last edited:

PALO

Does anyone have a Walther P99? I'm looking to get one and im just wondering how the 9mm version is and what the going price for one usually is?

I have no idea about the price, but as an instructor, I've seen a few at the range. Never heard a complaint about 'em from any of those who carry them, nor did I see any misfires. Btw, as far as Glocks the only fails I see are during the one hand shooting drill. You gotta keep a stiff wrist, it HATES limp wristing (insert joke here) and will fail to recoil and feed the next round in if you don't offer a stable platform.

I tried a few rounds myself with it, and I liked it.

I like Walthers in general. Hey, I just like saying "squeeze cocker" :l

FreeInAZ

I have (or should I say my wife has - she claimed it as hers), a walther P99AS. It is a fine weapon, light, compact for a service pistol & very accurate/reliable. Picked it up in near new condition from a friend. It was a few years back & I think he paid between $650-700. You may want to check out the Canik55 TP (p99clone).

J&G had these for $299 & they came with 2 (17rd mags made by mec-gar) a (convertible OWB/IWB) retention holster & a mag carrier. Plus the sights are glow-in the dark (paint) 3 dot novak style. They get good reviews, for the price you can't go wrong. ;)
http://www.jgsales.com/cai-canik-55-tp-9-9mm-semi-auto-handgun.-black.-new.-p-56949.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc3t1KpjUC8

Last edited:

Eeyore

The P99 is a quality weapon. The ergos are good--comparable to M&P but not as good as a PPQ or H&K P30--but I wasn't impressed by the trigger. Make sure you're clear on which trigger variant (AS or QA) you want. There's a good discussion at http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/p99/15751-p99-qa-vs.html if you're unclear on the differences. Most people seem to prefer the AS.

Given the choice, I'd take a PPQ over a P99. About the only advantage I see in the P99 over the PPQ is that it comes in a compact version for easier concealment.

Last edited:

Johnbo

Just bought the walther ppq m2 a few weeks ago and love it. Has a .4 inch trigger reset so a really awesome trigger pull. Best striker fired trigger you can get atm imho

For a good look at the p99 or ppq go to youtube and search for hickok45 and walther p99 or ppq

HPmatt

Just bought the walther ppq m2 a few weeks ago and love it. Has a .4 inch trigger reset so a really awesome trigger pull. Best striker fired trigger you can get atm mho

Getting a PPQ this week and wanted to know if you've tried out holsters for the PPQ - would be a paddle holster.