Thread: Washington Open Carry in The Stranger

Washington Open Carry in The Stranger

http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/arc...carrying-a-gun

Stacks of readers who saw my post last week about cops hassling me when I took photos of police officers downtown have sent me e-mails. Some were sweet; some were really depressing. I got lots of stories from people who were hassled by police officers, filed complaints, and promptly saw nothing happen. Seems like that's SOP in most cases. But none was more depressing an e-mail exchange with guy who thinks prevention is the best medicine for police misconduct. And by that, he thinks prevention is a pistol [sic throughout]:

Eh, the quoted? emailer was not exactly the best ambassador, but the sweeping generalization by the author is interesting to see since the original article was about other Bill of Rights issues, except that pesky 2nd one. That one is about hunting, right?

The thing is, you're either for human rights or against them. Someone who cherrypicks which rights are good and opposes the others isn't any different from those people they oppose. Nobody opposes all human rights for everyone everywhere, after all.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    The thing is, you're either for human rights or against them. Someone who cherrypicks which rights are good and opposes the others isn't any different from those people they oppose. Nobody opposes all human rights for everyone everywhere, after all.
    Some folks just don't believe that the right to bear arms exists.

But I would be willing to wager that if a gun magically appeared in their hand while someone was beating them to death they would quickly use it.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)