• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gunvernment (sic) saves little girl from cannabis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Rage is not a big enough word to encompass...

So now we have a two year-old victim of the war on some drugs.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Killed for no reason it looks like ... CPS says not responsibility ... who authorized the killers to take acre of the child?

Not saying that CPS is 100% to blame ... but some blame right?

In the non-gov't world, CPS would be crapping bricks right now...

georg jetson

Rage is not a big enough word to encompass...

So now we have a two year-old victim of the war on some drugs.

Beyond rage indeed, but war on drugs? How 'bout war on parents? The government should never have the authority to interfere with a family. That is unnecessary evil.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Killed for no reason it looks like ... CPS says not responsibility ... who authorized the killers to take acre of the child?

Not saying that CPS is 100% to blame ... but some blame right?

In the non-gov't world, CPS would be crapping bricks right now...

I would say its 100% CPS. What kind of sick, power-drunk, self-important bastards would separate a little girl from her parents because they smoked some weed after she went to bed?

Really!? Taking a child from his parents is so monumental, to both child and parents, it should only be done in the most extreme circumstances.

Just let the CPS rationale go a little further and parents will be backround checked and licensed to have children--so as to prevent the abuses for which CPS removes children. Think about it for a moment. If removing a child from a home is justifiable, then preventing the problem in the first place is justifiable.

"Question 5. List all arrests and convictions, for any type violence. Include separately discipline received for fighting in grades K-12."

"Question 6. List all uses of recreational drugs."

Last edited:

PALO

I would say its 100% CPS. What kind of sick, power-drunk, self-important bastards would separate a little girl from her parents because they smoked some weed after she went to bed?

Really!? Taking a child from his parents is so monumental, to both child and parents, it should only be done in the most extreme circumstances.

Just let the CPS rationale go a little further and parents will be backround checked and licensed to have children--so as to prevent the abuses for which CPS removes children. Think about it for a moment. If removing a child from a home is justifiable, then preventing the problem in the first place is justifiable.

"Question 5. List all arrests and convictions, for any type violence. Include separately discipline received for fighting in grades K-12."

That is total rubbish.

WEED?

Heck, weed is totally legal in my state. It fills my heart with warmth when I respond to a call, and as I enter the living room, a couple of people are sharing bong hits. They got this total "oh #$(#$(" look on their face, then they're "Hey, it's legal now right?" and I said "hell ya. Don't let me interfere with what you are doing!" and they got back to their bong hits!

Long live citizen initiatives! Long live WA state!

Anyway, I have had to accompany CPS a couple of times when they have had court orders to remove kids from a home and let me tell you ... it is the most heart rending unpleasant task ever. The last one Mom was a hardcore heroin addict, had failed her last couple of UA's bla bla bla and it may have been justifief, but with the understanding an opioid addict can maintain just fine and be plenty productive as long as they get their periodic fix to maintain homeostasis. Sure, if they are getting gorked out and passing out in the middle of the day and the kid is starving and cruising around in dirty diapers it can be problematic, of course.

Either way, that was about the most unpleasant duty I have ever had to do.

georg jetson

True. And that circumstance is abandonment. Relevant to government, there is NO other circumstance.

Agreed, which is why government can never be allowed to interfere with the family.

PALO

True. And that circumstance is abandonment. Relevant to government, there is NO other circumstance.

Agreed, which is why government can never be allowed to interfere with the family.

Not just abandonment. What about severe physical abuse? What about sexual abuse?

georg jetson

Not just abandonment. What about severe physical abuse? What about sexual abuse?

Who gets to define these abuses? Government? No thanks. Regardless, even if some sick individual abuses their children, that is still NO excuse to give the government authority over my family. The family is too sacred to entrust to the government.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Who gets to define these abuses? Government? No thanks. Regardless, even if some sick individual abuses their children, that is still NO excuse to give the government authority over my family. The family is too sacred to entrust to the government.

I could go along with it if the parents are indicted and convicted. Severe physical abuse is just spin for aggravated assault. Sexual abuse is just spin for rape, sodomy, and so forth.

Or, lets say there is PC from plenty of evidence, then arrest the parent(s). At which point the child needs to be cared for since his parent(s) are in jail. If there are no willing relatives--grandparents, etc.--then he can become a temporary ward of the state. But, this theory is far different from removing the child to protect the child. We all know how well government "protects" society.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
That is total rubbish.

WEED?

Heck, weed is totally legal in my state. It fills my heart with warmth when I respond to a call, and as I enter the living room, a couple of people are sharing bong hits. They got this total "oh #$(#$(" look on their face, then they're "Hey, it's legal now right?" and I said "hell ya. Don't let me interfere with what you are doing!" and they got back to their bong hits!

Long live citizen initiatives! Long live WA state!

Anyway, I have had to accompany CPS a couple of times when they have had court orders to remove kids from a home and let me tell you ... it is the most heart rending unpleasant task ever. The last one Mom was a hardcore heroin addict, had failed her last couple of UA's bla bla bla and it may have been justifief, but with the understanding an opioid addict can maintain just fine and be plenty productive as long as they get their periodic fix to maintain homeostasis. Sure, if they are getting gorked out and passing out in the middle of the day and the kid is starving and cruising around in dirty diapers it can be problematic, of course.

Either way, that was about the most unpleasant duty I have ever had to do.

Why do I feel slimed? This is about the twentieth post from WOTPALO where he goes on unnecessarily about something that just happens to include information that would tend to cast him in a good light.

Its like he's working overtime to get in commentary to make himself look good. Its like listening to a salesman who too often uses phrases like, "just for you", and "for you we can make a special deal", or, "for you, I'll make sure to put the order in today," etc.

Last edited:

PALO

I could go along with it if the parents are indicted and convicted. Severe physical abuse is just spin for aggravated assault. Sexual abuse is just spin for rape, sodomy, and so forth.

Or, lets say there is PC from plenty of evidence, then arrest the parent(s). At which point the child needs to be cared for since his parent(s) are in jail. If there are no willing relatives--grandparents, etc.--then he can become a temporary ward of the state. But, this theory is far different from removing the child to protect the child. We all know how well government "protects" society.

Due process means that after arrest, the defendant is released on bail. The parents arent in jail, they are at home waiting for trial.

Sorry, but I don't have the privilege of living in your ivory tower where you don't see the horrendous physical abuse some kids suffer. I am talking horrendous bvurns, broken limbs, etc. not to mention forcible anal and vaginal rape of preteens etc.

In those circs, thank god we DO step in and remove the kids from the home before further abuse andor death happens. And sometimes we are too late and we do have dead kids.

The criminal trial necessarily places the defendants rights as paramount. But when it comes to the safety of the kids, we place THEIR rights as paramount so they are necessarily different processes.

We don't hold (in almost all cases) parents in jail the entire time pending trial.

In some case, we need to and do remove kids from horrendous abuse and sexual abuse.

You get to live in comfortable ignorance without having to see the wounds and the aftermath. I don't have that luxury. Don't let cases like this ridiculous cannabis debacle dissuade you from recognizing there are real profound cases of abuse where we need CPS etc. and they act properly and kids are protected from further abuse. No kid deserves to get 2nd and 3rd degree burns, broken bones, raped, etc. by their parents.

Outrage over this CBS debacle doesn't detract from the fact that there are real cases of horrendous abuse out there where we definitely need the state to literally save lives.

WalkingWolf

Why do I feel slimed? This is about the twentieth post from WOTPALO where he goes on unnecessarily about something that just happens to include information that would tend to cast him in a good light.

Its like he's working overtime to get in commentary to make himself look good. Its like listening to a salesman who too often uses phrases like, "just for you", and "for you we can make a special deal", or, "for you, I'll make sure to put the order in today," etc.

"Today and today only one dollar over MSR" "Such a deal for you"

[video=youtube;Mm3ypbAbLJ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm3ypbAbLJ8[/video]

Last edited:

PALO

I have no idea what the hell you are talking about except that it makes you sound like the typical delusional over the top anti-cop bigot who gets upset when their narrow preconceived notion of what cops are gets upset by reality.

Are you referring to the MJ thing? Are you THAT petty?

Do me a favor. If your fragile ego and narrow worldview leads you to feel "slimed" by reading my posts, then do yourself a favor and don't read them. Protect yourself in your soft little coccoon where the scary people can't hurt you and where you can continue to believe the world is just as you perceive it to be.

I'm not casting myself in any light. I'm just talkin'

I'll speak truth no matter how it makes me look, but considering how many of my posts are me arguing with people. ,the idea that im trying to make myself look good is laffably absurd. You are all over the map,.man

Take your fragile self elsewhere if the real world is too hard for you to deal with

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP Sorry, but I don't have the privilege of living in your ivory tower where you don't see the horrendous physical abuse some kids suffer. I am talking horrendous bvurns, broken limbs, etc. not to mention forcible anal and vaginal rape of preteens etc.

Evasion.

You know darned good and well we're talking about CPS removing children for specious reasons.

OK, so the parent(s) make bail, there was still PC of felonies against the child, not merely smoking weed or other inappropriately intrusive nanny-state reason.

PALO

yea, that makes a lot of sense. So, in cases where a parent gives a kid 3rd degree burns by placing their hand on a stove burner to punish them, I'll remember your briliant insight and Ill make sure not to remove the kid from the home or arrest the parent lest I dare interfere with the family.

Here's a hint, genius. Some families include people who do horrible torture-level abuse towards other family members. And you are goshdarn skippy the government is going to step in and interfere in such cases. Whether you like it or not

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP Take your fragile self elsewhere if the real world is too hard for you to deal with

I'm not the one who took another's post personally and got bent out of shape over, lemme see, an accusation that he was self-promoting.

As Shakespeare wrote, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

PALO

Evasion.

You know darned good and well we're talking about CPS removing children for specious reasons.

OK, so the parent(s) make bail, there was still PC of felonies against the child, not merely smoking weed or other inappropriately intrusive nanny-state reason.

No kidding sherlock. But when geniuses in this thread make statements like government should never be allowed to interfere with the family, they need to be slapped in the face with reality. The reality is that there are all kinds of awful things some parents do to kids and many cps workers do great work, tireless work, with crappy pay and ridiculous caseloads to do their best to help kids who have been severely abused. I've worked with several CPS workers who literally do god's work in saving kids from horrendous situations. Yes, THIS case with the MJ from what we know of it, seems like a RIDICULOUS overreaction and we can all guffaw and laff at the dumb social workers and their overreaction to a harmless plant that doesn't even HAVE a ld50 value and that nobody should give a crap if a parent smokes it around the kids or not.

But there's a whole other reality that several posts in this thread ignore, which is that there are REAL cases of abuse, horrendous abuse, that CPS gets involved in and thank god they do. While all the cynical know-nothings are comfortably typing away with their oh so superior attitudes, these people are doing good work to save kids from abuse and I'm not going to sweep that under the rug or go along with the no nothings who say "government should never interfere with the family".

Status
Not open for further replies.