Thread: Spot the jeparody mistake? OMG I spotted it but it was not with spelling

Banned

Spot the jeparody mistake? OMG I spotted it but it was not with spelling

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...orrect-answer/

There was plenty of heartbreak last week when Thomas Hurley III, a Connecticut eighth-grader, correctly answered the Final Jeopardy question on a Kids Week episode of “Jeopardy!” only to have it disqualified because of a misspelling. And while last week the boy seemed okay with it, now he’s speaking out and saying he was “cheated.”

I see a bigger mistake .. do you?

I don't listen to hip-hop.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...orrect-answer/

There was plenty of heartbreak last week when Thomas Hurley III, a Connecticut eighth-grader, correctly answered the Final Jeopardy question on a Kids Week episode of “Jeopardy!” only to have it disqualified because of a misspelling. And while last week the boy seemed okay with it, now he’s speaking out and saying he was “cheated.”

I see a bigger mistake .. do you?
    I see a mistake in the article, but not in the video about the Jeopardy question. Do I win a kewpie doll?
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Alex T. misspelled the misspelling.

"There's an extra 'P' in there.' But there was an extra 'T'. He's an arse, imo, claiming it was 'badly misspelled'. It was a TYPO, Alex.

"Sorry, it was a typo that placed your house in the crosshairs of a no-knock raid." But, we are not talking about a no-knock raid are we. Kid got screwed.

But it was a consistent, IMO.

Jeopardy has always allowed misspellings that did not change the pronunciation of the word. His did, which is where they have always drawn the line. Especially since it did not change the outcome of the game, why should he be given special treatment for being a kid? Aren't we supposed to be showing them what real life is all about?

Guess what kid, misspelling things can make you look like an idiot. Get used to it, or pay really close attention to how you spell things, especially on national TV.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Reward knowledge, punish syntax. OK.

The kid made some money and now the real facts of life are gunna be revealed to him. 'Taxes' is easy to spell.

I see nobody here is cultured enough to get my reference earlier in the thread. (Warning: one NSFW word is used.)

Last edited by marshaul; 08-06-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Well he is a product of our school systems now a days. There are no winners, or losers. We all played, so we all win.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    But it was a consistent, IMO.

Jeopardy has always allowed misspellings that did not change the pronunciation of the word.
    Yeah, the "T" is silent...

In fact you can't be POTUS if you can't pronounce 'Nukulear' right...er wrong or something.

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    Yeah, the "T" is silent...

In fact you can't be POTUS if you can't pronounce 'Nukulear' right...er wrong or something.
    Or, perhaps, talk about members of the Marine Corpse.

Banned
    Well, nobody got the answer correct...the error was in that a contestant thought that Honest Abe wrote the 2nd amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Well, nobody got the answer correct...the error was in that a contestant thought that Honest Abe wrote the 2nd amendment.
    Wow, a game show contestant got something wrong. In other news, water is wet and fire is hot - details at 11.
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.