• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spokane open carry dinner Cathay Inn 8/15 6 PM

Jeff Hayes

We did this about a year ago so its time to do it again. The Cathay Inn is located at 3714 N Division Spokane Wa.

MattinWA

Had fun thanks for the invite. Jeff I emailed you that picture of the no firearms sign st barker road, its rule number three and I apologize for the glare from the flash... I would post photo here but it wont let me... :(

Jeff Hayes

Had fun thanks for the invite. Jeff I emailed you that picture of the no firearms sign st barker road, its rule number three and I apologize for the glare from the flash... I would post photo here but it wont let me... :(

Thanks Matt I will contact Audra Simms in the morning. Good meeting you hope we did not bore you too much with the stories and legal actions.

Honest we usually have a much bigger turn out, next time.

Jeff Hayes

Thanks Matt I will contact Audra Simms in the morning. Good meeting you hope we did not bore you too much with the stories and legal actions.

I talked to Chris Guidotti and he said the signs were incorrect and it was his fault he missed it when he proof read the signs. Since the signs were pretty new they would duct tape over the firearms part asap but that would take a week or so to get done due to there being quite a few of them.

MattinWA

Nah not boring at all. Now that you have my email I expect updates on the liberty lake ordanance and the convention center issues :cool:
Ha! And if there is anything I can to to help, let me know.

Oh, my family was asked to leave the olive garden today for (me) carrying. Spent hours at riverfront park today, watching the kido ride the rides, in the park buildings, (IMAX arcade, ect.) and not even a comment or 2nd look. Walked around downtown, ate at rocky rococo, went into a few more stores carring and not any problems.

To bad I really liked olive garden.... :(

P.s. thx for addressing my (local) centennial trail issues as soon as you did, I owe u one

Last edited:

Jeff Hayes

Nah not boring at all. Now that you have my email I expect updates on the liberty lake ordanance and the convention center issues :cool:
Ha! And if there is anything I can to to help, let me know.

Oh, my family was asked to leave the olive garden today for (me) carrying. Spent hours at riverfront park today, watching the kido ride the rides, in the park buildings, (IMAX arcade, ect.) and not even a comment or 2nd look. Walked around downtown, ate at rocky rococo, went into a few more stores carring and not any problems.

To bad I really liked olive garden.... :(

P.s. thx for addressing my (local) centennial trail issues as soon as you did, I owe u one

Wow Olive Garden surprises me I have been to both locations in Spokane OC and never had a problem, downtown or up north?

You owe me nothing my friend other than letting me know if the sign at Barker Rd is in fact taped over in the next few weeks.

I will include you in the updates as they happen.

MattinWA

Wow Olive Garden surprises me I have been to both locations in Spokane OC and never had a problem, downtown or up north?

You owe me nothing my friend other than letting me know if the sign at Barker Rd is in fact taped over in the next few weeks.

I will include you in the updates as they happen.

Down town olive garden, walked right out of the park into the restaurant there with my family, got seated, ordered drinks then was confronted by managers. I told them there was no signage, they said signage was near the bar, I said "I'm not in the bar" they say: "doesn't matter"I left and went to rocky rococo

BobR

Have you lodged an inquiry with the head office? I have also OC in there multiple times and never had any issues. If they pointed out the liquor control board signage as the reason, they need some serious training. If you need any help with htis, there are plenty of examples on here, 0or I am more than happy to help.

bob

MattinWA

Have you lodged an inquiry with the head office? I have also OC in there multiple times and never had any issues. If they pointed out the liquor control board signage as the reason, they need some serious training. If you need any help with htis, there are plenty of examples on here, 0or I am more than happy to help.

bob

Yea, it was flawed logic on their part, but at that point (correct me if I'm wrong) it was a representative (two "managers?" actualy) of the private property asking me to leave. With or without signage, if I stay to argue, could potentially venture into trespassing territory??? Tell you the truth I was to dang hungry to care, and would rather spend my future money on establishments with less ambiguous views on open carry.

Last edited:

BobR

Yes, it is pointless, and foolish, to stick around after being asked (told) to leave. At that point they could have called the police and asked them to remove you and trespass you. IIRC, the Olive Garden belongs to the Darnell Group, and for some reason I remember hearing they are less than gun friendly.

bob