Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update Search continues for rogue Wisconsin police officer. 2nd car stolen.

Update Search continues for rogue Wisconsin police officer. 2nd car stolen.

RICE LAKE, Wis. — Barron County sheriff's officials say a police officer wanted for burglarizing a Green Lake restaurant has apparently stolen a second vehicle. Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald says Waupun Officer Brad Young may have taken a 1996 white 4-door...

http://www.startribune.com/local/218488911.html

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...071bf508e28a9a
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Why on God's green earth would a cop do this?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Not the first. Check the way-back machine...his name will come to me.

ETA: Tyler something...working working

ETA: Rogue Tyler Peterson, Crandon, WI, 07 Oct 2007 He was 20 years old.

ETA: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...hlight=crandon
    Last edited by Nightmare; 08-06-2013 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Why on God's green earth would a cop do this?
    Because they are human beings, and some are flawed enough to pull this kind of crap.

Any group (profession) has some wacked out outliers.

Quote Originally Posted by PALO View Post
    Because they are human beings, and some are flawed enough to pull this kind of crap.

Yea but once they get him he can get his job back with pay after the union defends him.

Update and details from San Francisco Chronicle SFGate.com, "good professional"

Young, 43, has been on the Waupun police force for 22 years, according to Deputy Chief Scott Louden. He described the lieutenant as very professional and a good supervisor.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/art...er-4708997.php

Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    Yea but once they get him he can get his job back with pay after the union defends him.
    Rubbish. I've seen tons of cops fired for a hell of a lot less than this nimrod is doing. I have seen tons of arb reports etc. that get officers rehired after they get fired and almost every time it;s failure to train issues, past practice issues, or simply the dept. had a hardon for him and didn't have proper evidence to fire him.

I believe in due process, whether for cops or other defendants whether criminal or civil defendants and thank god we have unions, union attorneys, CBA's and binding arbitration because it helps lessen the possibility that we will get in trouble for stuff we didn't do, which is always a concern for any individual. 10-15% of reports to police are false, according to most experts, and if it's a false burglary report for insurance purposes that hurts no particular individual but if it's a false claim by a spouse that you struck them and it gets you arrested for DV (and trust me it happens. I have personally witnessed cases where either I catch a complainant in a lie to get somebody arrested, or eventually through the court process they get caught in the lie and/or they admit the lie) it can seriously munge up your life, even if you are eventually not charged and/or found not guilty. I totally feel for people, cops or citizens, who are falsely charged with crimes, or charged through good will, but based on bad witness ID or bad coincidence (wrong place, wrong time). Thankfully, we have a justice system premised on the idea that it's better that 10 guilty men go free than that one is conviceted. But god knows, innocent men still get convicted all the time. SAad to say

We are naturally placed in a position where we have to do things (like make arrests, write tickets, etc.) where even if we do everything right, it still naturally pisses people off. And just like many citizens get arrested and even convicted falsely, it can happen to us, too.

Thank god we have due process and levels of protection against specious claims, though.

And I know many unions will NOT support an officer if he clearly was in the wrong. Consider the Paul Schene case. He imo was clearly guilty of assault (he got two hung juries though so he was not convicted). He requested binding arbitration to get his job back (to try) after he got his hung juries and the union, to their credit, denied his request. They knew he was guilty as #@((#$ and didn't want him sullying the badge by having ANY possibility of getting his job back.

If you know of a case where a union got a guy's job back (or retained) who should have been fired, I'm all ears. In many cases, people think "he should get fired for X" when the common practice is discipline short of firing

For example, in my agency, a DUI arrest results in a 5 day suspension (if no priors, obviously. Any priors to include many bad acts other than DUI and you get fired). Many thing a cop should be fired for DUI. We can agree to disagree on that. It's obviously a bad thing and he deserves punishment, but we can disagree on what the proper punishment IS

One of my beat partners got arrested for DUI and got such a suspension 10 yrs ago. He's had an unblemished career apart from that and was recently involved in a very heroic incident where he almost got killed saving somebody's life. He's a good person who made a mistake. mAybe you might think he should have been fired. I totally respect that opinion, I just disagree with it.

Cheers.
    Last edited by PALO; 08-06-2013 at 12:16 PM.

If you know of a case where a union got a guy's job back (or retained) who should have been fired, I'm all ears. In many cases, people think "he should get fired for X" when the common practice is discipline short of firing.

http://www.eagletribune.com/local/x9...d-get-job-back

My favorite quote in the article: “The first responsibility of a police officer is to come back after every shift and to do so in such a manner which would allow them to be a full functioning spouse and father,” Leblanc wrote in a decision .

I THOUGHT IT WAS TO PROTECT AND SERVE THE PUBLIC...silly me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Officer Convicted In Shooting Death Becomes Police Chief"

http://5newsonline.com/2013/03/26/of...-police-chief/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lincoln officer had assault conviction"

http://www.wpri.com/dpp/news/provide...ult-conviction

I can keep going as there are pages and pages of cases of officers with checked a checkered past either getting their jobs back or being hired by another department after a prior conviction or anger problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    http://www.eagletribune.com/local/x9...d-get-job-back

My favorite quote in the article: “The first responsibility of a police officer is to come back after every shift and to do so in such a manner which would allow them to be a full functioning spouse and father,” Leblanc wrote in a decision .

I THOUGHT IT WAS TO PROTECT AND SERVE THE PUBLIC...silly me.

"Officer Convicted In Shooting Death Becomes Police Chief"

http://5newsonline.com/2013/03/26/of...-police-chief/

"Lincoln officer had assault conviction"

http://www.wpri.com/dpp/news/provide...ult-conviction

I can keep going as there are pages and pages of cases of officers with checked a checkered past either getting their jobs back or being hired by another department after a prior conviction or anger problem.
    Thanks for the link. Your link made exactly the point I was making. We can agree to disagree on whether a certain bad act , especially given an otherwise unblemished careerr as the DV officer had, justifies firing.

The punishment given, after review, was 3 months suspension and some other stuff which is pretty stiff

Consider also : The ex-girlfriend, Odris Severino, characterized the case as a giant misunderstanding, rather than domestic violence. She also told jurors she and Fraser were “just playing.”

I have long criticized the tendency of prosecutors to seek "victimless" prosecution in DV cases as one example of where the pendulum has swung TOO far against defendant's (and Alleged victim's ) rights, such that the state seeks to create victims, where the 'victim' doesn't want to be considered thusly

It's extremely paternalistic. Similarly, they will often issue no contact orders AGAINST the "victim's" wishes, essentially eviscerating the RIGHT TO FREE ASSOCIATION.

Granted, if you got a good lawyer, you can often get those lifted a la MaryKay LeTourneau who ended up marrying her 'victim'

Back to the original point, thank you for making it. His claims of ineffective counsel aside (which may be valid), the case exemplifies exactly the point I was making. We can agree to disagree on what proper punishment for a given offense IS

cheers

If you know of a case where a union got a guy's job back (or retained) who should have been fired, I'm all ears. In many cases, people think "he should get fired for X" when the common practice is discipline short of firing

"Police Lt. Billiot wasn't supposed to have a gun, was fired, got new cop job, now fired again after new charges"

http://behindthebluewall.blogspot.co...pposed-to.html

I love this one.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

It even happens in England, love the arbitrator.

"Sacked police sergeant cleared of assaulting woman prisoner must be reinstated after bosses lose legal fight"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...dge-ruled.html

Since when does a simple burglary case, mean they can clear people off their property at gunpoint? I would take very serious issue with swat, pointing weapons at my wife and kids, when obviously that is not who they are looking for. I think people are getting just a little too used to complying, "for their own safety".

Quote Originally Posted by metalman383 View Post
    Since when does a simple burglary case, mean they can clear people off their property at gunpoint? I would take very serious issue with swat, pointing weapons at my wife and kids, when obviously that is not who they are looking for. I think people are getting just a little too used to complying, "for their own safety".
    Same as TSA FREEZE exercises, teaching compliance. Just wait until TSA Officer Lester D. Molester is armed.

Fugitive Wis. officer arrested in Barron County

The sheriff's statement gives few details, but says Young was arrested with the help of the Washburn, Barron, Burnett and Douglas County SWAT teams, along with help from the Wisconsin State Patrol, Division of Criminal Investigation and Department of Natural Resources.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/art...ty-4708997.php

Lt. Brad Young age 43, is a 22 year veteran of the Waupun Wisconsin Police Department.

After breaking into a restaurant and possibly burglarizing it, in Green Lake Wisconsin about 1 a.m. Monday about 3 p.m., he stole a 1985 Toyota truck in Green Lake WI, which he crashed near Rice Lake WI. He then stole a white 1996 White Nissan Maxima. He broke into a cabin 10 miles west of Spooner WI.

The Burnett County Sheriff said Lt. Young was aware the cabin was surrounded by a law enforcement SWAT team and called 911 to announce he wanted to turn himself in. He came out onto the porch and was arrested without incident at 5:10 p.m. Tuesday.
    Wis. CCL #5x Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact .40 S&W, Utah CFP

Consider also : The ex-girlfriend, Odris Severino, characterized the case as a giant misunderstanding, rather than domestic violence. She also told jurors she and Fraser were “just playing.”

I have long criticized the tendency of prosecutors to seek "victimless" prosecution in DV cases as one example of where the pendulum has swung TOO far against defendant's (and Alleged victim's ) rights, such that the state seeks to create victims, where the 'victim' doesn't want to be considered thusly

It's extremely paternalistic. Similarly, they will often issue no contact orders AGAINST the "victim's" wishes, essentially eviscerating the RIGHT TO FREE ASSOCIATION.
    I work in Social Services/ Behavorial Heath and of course the victim said she didn't want to press charges. Victims (usally women) are conditioned to think this is the way or they are to affraid to break away from abuse. I'm sure she has run into a few doors or fallen down on accident a few times.....at least that is what she claims as not to upset the apple cart so to speak. I see it everyday.

Yah but everybody thinks that persons in uniforms are sanctimonious/holy. That was the very answer the Freedom Value employee said when my leo buddy when he said what is the difference between him and me. I come in with a gun. She said, you have a uniform he doesn't. Some of the most vile people have worn uniforms, a white coat and a robe.
    There must have been some secret sin in this leo's life brewing for a long time that he didn't deal with or keep under control as we all have to.

Arrested!

He has been arrested in Northern WI

http://www.piercecountyherald.com/co...d-and-arrested

The good citizens of Wi apparently did not "train" the officer that his behavior was illegal. Damn those citizens!
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    A false flag operation that went a-muck ... another isolated incident ..

cops likely break the laws more often than regular folks do.

steroid use, speeding, assault, battery, etc. They just don't get caught as often..

And I know many cops that have taken $$, guns, etc from drug dealers (upon their arrest, not as a payoff) ; most people don't care where this occurs.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 08-08-2013 at 03:17 AM.

This is a joke right? ha.ha. The only ones laughing belong to the Thin Blue Line.

Taxpayers paid victim Guzman $75,000 to settle her lawsuit against Josey. Criminal charges against her were dropped. By default of the police labor agreement, Josey is about to be rehired with full back pay. In other words, Officer Jonathan Josey’s “punishment” for brutally assaulting an innocent woman will ultimately be a paid, months-long vacation.
    http://www.copblock.org/35878/fired-...to-be-rehired/

Philadelphia Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey is upset that about 90 percent of police officers he fired for alleged wrongdoing have found their way back onto the force.

“It’s very hard to maintain discipline in a police department especially when at every turn you have cases that wind up getting overturned, people brought back, and in many cases for some very, very serious allegations,” Ramsey told Harry Hairston and the NBC10 Investigators.

Through arbitration about nine of every 10 officers Ramsey has let go have found their way back onto the force, the Fraternal Order of Police told Hairston. And, about 75 of reinstated officers also get their full benefits and full back pay, according to the FOP.
    http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...194100131.html

Questions linger months after the Almanac broke the story about the arrest, firing and reinstatement of veteran Menlo Park police officer Jeffrey Vasquez: How, exactly, does a police officer keep his job after being caught naked with a prostitute in a Sunnyvale motel room? How does he not only get reinstated after his firing, but awarded $188,000 in back pay, despite reportedly admitting that wasn't the first time he'd solicited a hooker for sex?
    http://www.almanacnews.com/news/show_story.php?id=13771

F*ck it. Just google "fired police rehired"....
    https://www.google.com/search?q=fire...&sa=N&start=10

Or google this guy "Opa-locka police sergeant German “GB” Bosque".
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Opa-...ient=firefox-a

And when you get bored of that check out the CATO Institute's site that tracks police misconduct nation wide... Warning! Prepare to have your blood boiling.
    http://www.policemisconduct.net/
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 08-09-2013 at 02:32 AM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    steroid use, speeding, assault, battery, etc. They just don't get caught as often.
    And when they do, there's always the Band of Yellow and Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    And when they do, there's always the Band of Yellow and Blue.
    There's gay/lesbian activists involved ?? Wow...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Rights_Campaign

Founder's Club Member
    Rubbish. I've seen tons of cops fired for a hell of a lot less than this nimrod is doing.
    Well, now. Thank you for admitting you know about tons of cops committing misconduct. That should silence the crowd who insists there are only a few bad apples.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member
    SNIP Rubbish. I've seen tons of cops fired for a hell of a lot less than this nimrod is doing. I have seen tons of arb reports etc. that get officers rehired after they get fired and almost every time it;s failure to train issues, past practice issues, or simply the dept. had a hardon for him and didn't have proper evidence to fire him.
    Just quoting this part out so it can't be changed. Its very revealing. Tons of cops committing misconduct. Tons of arbitration reports that get fired officers rehired.

Oh, and that final sentence: departments that are so bad they want to fire somebody for improper reasons arising from antipathy rather than misconduct. They don't have proper evidence, so how did they conclude he was guilty of misconduct?

Cop-skeptics should save that post in their favorites folder for use whenever a cop-apologist claims there are only a few bad apples.
    Last edited by Citizen; 08-09-2013 at 12:06 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Cop-skeptics should save that post in their favorites folder for use whenever a cop-apologist claims there are only a few bad apples.
    How many apples are in a figurative barrel? What fraction spoils the whole barrel?

Researching the allegory, it appears that one bad apple spoils the barrel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast