Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: National Night Out redux

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    747

    National Night Out redux

    Well, attended National Night Out neighborhood meeting.

    Sad to say, I was the only OCer there, but there were definitely some pro 2a concerned homeowners. One even had an NRA hat. My favorite question was the woman who wanted to confirm that it was ok to shoot somebody if they entered her yard, since she had a "NO TRESPASSING" sign so that made it alright right?

    Um, no

    A great way to spread the word about OC is to join your neighborhood block watch! These are the kind of people that are primed to OC - concerned homeowners who want to fight/prevent crime, and who work with their local PD and neighbors to create a united front against crime. They are instrumental in providing intel to the police and in helping us catch perps in the act.

    Maybe next year, I'll get some members OCing when they attend the meeting. Hope *is* the thing with feathers, after all

  2. #2
    Regular Member skeith5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    357

    Re: National Night Out redux

    I was the only oc'er in my neighborhood. No concerns but was able to meet quite a few other neighbors I didn't know.

    Scott
    Too lazy to do a blog! Follow me on Twitter instead! @6ShotScott

  3. #3
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by skeith5 View Post
    I was the only oc'er in my neighborhood. No concerns but was able to meet quite a few other neighbors I didn't know.

    Scott
    Are you still running for office?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  4. #4
    Regular Member skeith5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    357

    Re: National Night Out redux

    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Are you still running for office?
    I am, the initial primary results are in and too close to call. I should know at 5 today what the outcome is.
    Too lazy to do a blog! Follow me on Twitter instead! @6ShotScott

  5. #5
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by skeith5 View Post
    I am, the initial primary results are in and too close to call. I should know at 5 today what the outcome is.
    Right on, off topic so sorry OP, just thought I'd let you know that two good guys are running in your county, the Olsen cousins, on on a no partisan ticket for Marysville, and the other for Snohomish County seat as a libertarian, check them out see if you agree with them on the issues.

    If you and them make it past primaries we can set up a mixer for all three of you to tell us your views.
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 08-07-2013 at 10:15 AM.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  6. #6
    Regular Member skeith5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    357

    Re: National Night Out redux

    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Right on, off topic so sorry OP, just thought I'd let you know that two good guys are running in your county, the Olsen cousins, on on a no partisan ticket for Marysville, and the other for Snohomish County seat as a libertarian, check them out see if you agree with them on the issues.

    If you and them make it past primaries we can set up a mixer for all three of you to tell us your views.
    Unfortunately I didn't make it. It was a pretty close race. I'm disappointed but I only have myself to blame. I didn't get out and knock on doors as much as I should have. I'll probably run again for the next go around.
    Too lazy to do a blog! Follow me on Twitter instead! @6ShotScott

  7. #7
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by skeith5 View Post
    Unfortunately I didn't make it. It was a pretty close race. I'm disappointed but I only have myself to blame. I didn't get out and knock on doors as much as I should have. I'll probably run again for the next go around.
    Good luck next time, I see Olsen didn't make it for county either. (way didn't make it)
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  8. #8
    Regular Member March Hare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arridzona - Flatlander
    Posts
    355
    Sadly, it's too $%&^@$@# hot here in AZ to participate, we do have an event in October that's similar: G.A.I.N. - Getting Arizona Involved in Neighborhoods
    I'll have to see how many OC people I run into around here!

    -MH
    $2 Bill - Calling Card of the 2A Movement
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    Seriously, who is John Galt?
    Vires et honestas

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •