Thread: anyone ever use these "shooting stars" ? they any good? thx

Banned

anyone ever use these "shooting stars" ? they any good? thx

http://www.woot.com/offers/do-all-ou...-star-pro-pack

Challenge your shooting skills with the Do-All Impact Seal Self-Healing Star Target Pro Pack. These impact seal ground bouncing reactive targets were originally designed for military, law enforcement, and fast action pistol training. These action targets are unpredictable and they challenging the shooter to locate and readjust for every shot. These stars fly, bounce, roll, and run every time they're shot, giving you a different shot every time.

We at Food Court Seel Team 6 3/4 do not use them, as that would look like practice and we are natural-born expert shots that do not need to practice.

And besides, with the price of ammo still at breath-takingly high prices, it would be fiscally irresponsible to throw away money shooting at anything except international terrorists intent on spreading fear and death to the good shoppers who pay our saleries.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Now that I have a source, I prefer my smart ammunition. Somewhat more expensive, but it never misses, over penetrates, nor requires follow-up shots - it makes laser guided obsolete. It does have a distinctive garlic odor though.

PS - don't ask me where I get it - you have to be on the pre-approved list.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-07-2013 at 07:16 AM. Reason: added
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Be careful of the ground, Rick O'Shay, that you shoot at or the stars may shoot back.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Now that I have a source, I prefer my smart ammunition. Somewhat more expensive, but it never misses, over penetrates, nor requires follow-up shots - it makes laser guided obsolete. It does have a distinctive garlic odor though.

PS - don't ask me where I get it - you have to be on the pre-approved list.
    So where don't you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    So where don't you get it?
    Will send deed to bridge upon receipt of signed blank check and confirmation of funds.

Can send casing of fired round as good faith demonstration - please note refundable deposit to guarantee return of same within 24 hr. of receipt - no exceptions.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Will send deed to bridge upon receipt of signed blank check and confirmation of funds.

Can send casing of fired round as good faith demonstration - please note refundable deposit to guarantee return of same within 24 hr. of receipt - no exceptions.
    I'll apply for a government grant immediately !

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I'll apply for a government grant immediately !
    All of our customer service agents are busy at this time. Please continue to hold, your call is very important to us.

I have the kind in the shape of a box. It's rather unimpressive. Bullets tend to fly through it without making it dance much. The stars you linked look as if they might work better, though. I can vouch for the material: a .45 goes right through it leaving nothing but a dirty pinhole.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Darn put out of business selling my tin can reactive targets. Not to mention my swinging water balloon target kit.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Darn put out of business selling my tin can reactive targets. Not to mention my swinging water balloon target kit.
    Right now I just have the wife running about with a 10" round 1/2" steel plate

... ping! Stop hiding under the porch and run around more!