• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

anyone ever use these "shooting stars" ? they any good? thx

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://www.woot.com/offers/do-all-outdoors-gmso2-shooting-star-pro-pack

Challenge your shooting skills with the Do-All Impact Seal Self-Healing Star Target Pro Pack. These impact seal ground bouncing reactive targets were originally designed for military, law enforcement, and fast action pistol training. These action targets are unpredictable and they challenging the shooter to locate and readjust for every shot. These stars fly, bounce, roll, and run every time they're shot, giving you a different shot every time.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
We at Food Court Seel Team 6 3/4 do not use them, as that would look like practice and we are natural-born expert shots that do not need to practice.

And besides, with the price of ammo still at breath-takingly high prices, it would be fiscally irresponsible to throw away money shooting at anything except international terrorists intent on spreading fear and death to the good shoppers who pay our saleries.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Now that I have a source, I prefer my smart ammunition. Somewhat more expensive, but it never misses, over penetrates, nor requires follow-up shots - it makes laser guided obsolete. It does have a distinctive garlic odor though.

PS - don't ask me where I get it - you have to be on the pre-approved list.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Now that I have a source, I prefer my smart ammunition. Somewhat more expensive, but it never misses, over penetrates, nor requires follow-up shots - it makes laser guided obsolete. It does have a distinctive garlic odor though.

PS - don't ask me where I get it - you have to be on the pre-approved list.

So where don't you get it?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
So where don't you get it?
Will send deed to bridge upon receipt of signed blank check and confirmation of funds.

Can send casing of fired round as good faith demonstration - please note refundable deposit to guarantee return of same within 24 hr. of receipt - no exceptions.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Will send deed to bridge upon receipt of signed blank check and confirmation of funds.

Can send casing of fired round as good faith demonstration - please note refundable deposit to guarantee return of same within 24 hr. of receipt - no exceptions.

I'll apply for a government grant immediately !

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I have the kind in the shape of a box. It's rather unimpressive. Bullets tend to fly through it without making it dance much. The stars you linked look as if they might work better, though. I can vouch for the material: a .45 goes right through it leaving nothing but a dirty pinhole.

WalkingWolf

Darn put out of business selling my tin can reactive targets. Not to mention my swinging water balloon target kit. :banghead:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Darn put out of business selling my tin can reactive targets. Not to mention my swinging water balloon target kit. :banghead:

Right now I just have the wife running about with a 10" round 1/2" steel plate

... ping! Stop hiding under the porch and run around more!