Thread: WA resident, couple questions about OR OC

WA resident, couple questions about OR OC

This weekend i will be heading to Baker County. I will be traveling down I-82, then hitting I-84 to Baker City. I'm a WA CPL holder, so i can carry loaded in my car. My question is, upon crossing into Oregon, if i am open carrying on my right hip and it's partially concealed by the seat belt and the seat, is it legal to keep it loaded or should i not risk it and just remove the magazine and not have one chambered? Any recommended course of action? Locking it in a glove box i guess is an option as well, i just think it's kind of useless there.

Can anyone answer this? 24 hours til i leave.

Well,,,

If your gun is Open Carried when you get in the car,
    And still Open Carried when you get out of the car,
    Then it was being Open Carried while you were in the car!

You know that Oregon doesnt honor the Washington CPL,
    Sooo you know you cant Conceal Carry your gun there,
    Sooo just be sure that your clothes do not conceal your gun.

OTOH Having ANY carry permit Exempts you from the loaded carry restrictions in the 6 special cities.

have fun,,, and say Hi to all my friends.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Re: WA resident, couple questions about OR OC

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    OTOH Having ANY carry permit Exempts you from the loaded carry restrictions in the 6 special cities.
    I think the debate is still ongoing about this as I don't believe this has been tested in court yet. So unless you want to be a test case, I'd think twice about it.

Thanks and one last question. Is oregon a must notify state? Not planning to get pulled over but stuff happens.

Quote Originally Posted by OCbaldguy View Post
    Thanks and one last question. Is oregon a must notify state? Not planning to get pulled over but stuff happens.
    Oregon is NOT a "must notify". BTW: I also agree, ORS 166.173(2)(c) states "a person with a permit to carry a concealed weapon" is exempt from those local governments that restrict LOADED OC under .173. ORS 166.173 (2)(d) specifically addresses the Oregon CHL, therefore it would be clear that (c) addresses exactly what it says...any concealed permit. The reason there is no court case to cite is there are not cases because it is not against the law. But as you are not going near Portland, the point is moot.

As a person that does not have an Oregon CHL just be aware of ORS 166.360 (their definition of public building..library, muni hall etc), and that without a CHL you may not enter a public building armed. OK.

ORS 166.250(3) specifically states a pistol carried openly in a holster on your hip is not subject to the restrictions in .250. If you carry that way, open carry like you would in WA, just don't go to the library (read .360), ok?

And, Oh yes.. Do NOT conceal in Oregon without an Oregon CHL. Do not do it!
    Last edited by hermannr; 08-08-2013 at 12:16 PM.

Thank you. Not planning to conceal at all. Will be open on my hip whole drive.

Also will not be entering any public buildings, just a bi mart probably in Baker, and maybe a gas station.

Thank you again guys. Much appreciated.