7 46.67%
  • Can't answer - wife is watching

2 13.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Poll: vote to see if you agree with man's decsion to save dog

Banned

Poll: vote to see if you agree with man's decsion to save dog

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyl...-1226692445625

Shipwrecked man Graham Anley saves dog Rosie before wife Sheryl off coast of South Africa

So...was the man right to save his canine ?

"Rosie, you know which way to swim to get to shore, right?"
    "Woof!"
    "No, you swim towards the beach."
    "Woof!"
    "Nevermind, I'll take you there. Sheryl, honey, the boat's not going to sink, there's no storm, you're not going to drown, and the boat's not on fire, can you hold on a sec while I take Poochie to land?"
    "Sure, Honey, take our baby to safety."
    "Okay, sweetums, I'll be back in ten minutes."

My wife would have INSISTED I take the mutt before her.

Need to see pictures of wife to make a determination.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    If it was a matter of choosing one life over the other, I'd say saving the wife would have been the moral choice. Doesn't sound like that was the case, though. The story doesn't have much information in it, but does say something about the wife being snagged on something. I certain wouldn't want to leave my wife snagged on something out in the ocean. That's the only part of the story that concerns me. The rest is pretty much a matter of giving the man the benefit of the doubt, since there is so little real information. It is pretty funny though, the way the story is spun, which I guess is the point
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 08-07-2013 at 05:42 PM.

There's not enough information in the article to make a reasoned decision, and I'm just not going to let some rabble-rouser ask a question that has nothing to do with the subject being polled.

Unless the OP is practicing some new-found skills with an eye on getting the anti-rights folks to answer questions that have nothing to do with the subject he polls them on just so he can slant the responses, I see no reason for even the OP to be pulling a stunt like this.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    There's not enough information in the article to make a reasoned decision, and I'm just not going to let some rabble-rouser ask a question that has nothing to do with the subject being polled.

Unless the OP is practicing some new-found skills with an eye on getting the anti-rights folks to answer questions that have nothing to do with the subject he polls them on just so he can slant the responses, I see no reason for even the OP to be pulling a stunt like this.

stay safe.
    So which one did you vote for? You can vote based on the information provided if you wish - we all make decisions based ion incomplete information every day.

"Anti-rights" folks? Hilarious comment ...

I guess when one has no actual argument, the response is a personal attack. Kudos to you sir, and kudos again.

many people have voted ... you claiming that they are "anti-rights" of some nature? Pleeease.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 08-08-2013 at 02:09 AM.

I think skid had a senior moment. Why does the word 'curmudgeon' come to mind?

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Need to see pictures of wife to make a determination.
    Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    So which one did you vote for? You can vote based on the information provided if you wish - we all make decisions based ion incomplete information every day.

"Anti-rights" folks? Hilarious comment ...

I guess when one has no actual argument, the response is a personal attack. Kudos to you sir, and kudos again.

many people have voted ... you claiming that they are "anti-rights" of some nature? Pleeease.
    Maybe you need to do a better job interpreting what you read. I did not say that folks here on OCDO voting on the poll were "anti-rights." I suggested that the OP was using the same techniques/tactics as some of the anti-rights folks to set up folks to answer questions that have nothing to do with the subject of the poll just so they can then slant the responses. Of the many thigs up with which I will not put, this is one.

I also said that I saw no reason for even the OP to be pulling a stunt like that. Had I desired to mount a personal attack on the OP, there would be no doubt that such a personal attack was being mounted. Had I desired to mount a personal attack on the readers of the post, I am fairly certain there would be no question whether or not I was doing so.

As for which response(s) I might have chosen - is not my vote sacrosanct and not open to public discusssion? However, to satisfy your morbid curiosity, I indicated that I would need more information about both the dog and the wife before deciding if the guy did "the right thing" - only because there was no option for indicating a need to know how the "right thing" would be defined.

Curmudgeon? Better you use my full title: Grand Exalted Grand High Muckety Muck Pooba Curmudgeon Emeritus.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

G. E. G. H. M. M. P. C. E.

No problem.

Is Old Man not enough letters?
    Last edited by marshaul; 08-08-2013 at 06:25 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Maybe you need to do a better job interpreting what you read. I did not say that folks here on OCDO voting on the poll were "anti-rights." I suggested that the OP was using the same techniques/tactics as some of the anti-rights folks to set up folks to answer questions that have nothing to do with the subject of the poll just so they can then slant the responses. Of the many thigs up with which I will not put, this is one.

I also said that I saw no reason for even the OP to be pulling a stunt like that. Had I desired to mount a personal attack on the OP, there would be no doubt that such a personal attack was being mounted. Had I desired to mount a personal attack on the readers of the post, I am fairly certain there would be no question whether or not I was doing so.

As for which response(s) I might have chosen - is not my vote sacrosanct and not open to public discusssion? However, to satisfy your morbid curiosity, I indicated that I would need more information about both the dog and the wife before deciding if the guy did "the right thing" - only because there was no option for indicating a need to know how the "right thing" would be defined.

Curmudgeon? Better you use my full title: Grand Exalted Grand High Muckety Muck Pooba Curmudgeon Emeritus.

stay safe.
    aye aye "Grand Exalted Grand High Muckety Muck Pooba Curmudgeon Emeritus" matey ! I like that title.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Is Old Man not enough letters?
    Oulde Phart will do nicely.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit