• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VB Man Shoots Self in Groin

Defrock

Dude was upset that people were telling him to slow down. He came back with a gun and in an apparent attempt to shoot them, shot himself. :eek:

Blk97F150

A link to the story:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/0...told-to-slow-down-police-say/?test=latestnews

<SNIP>
Rhonney Jacobs was speeding through the neighborhood when he was flagged down by two men, Norfolk police said. He made a U-turn and confronted one of the men, police said.

There was a struggle and Jacobs pulled out his .45-caliber gun and it accidentally discharged into his groin, police said. One witness told WTKR.com that he pulled his gun out “trying to shoot one of them but he shot himself." She said there was blood everywhere

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Anybody who is waving their firearm around and ends up shooting themself in the groin has the concept of brandishing completely wrong.

And you can take that as gospel from somebody who has absolutely no experience brandishing a firearm.

stay safe.

Rusty Young Man

We should honor his noble sacrifice...

Anybody who is waving their firearm around and ends up shooting themself in the groin has the concept of brandishing completely wrong.

And you can take that as gospel from somebody who has absolutely no experience brandishing a firearm.

You're absolutely right. This is just Natural Selection (or noble self-sacrifice?:lol:) working on this man to make sure the idiot genes are removed from the gene pool. But we can save the applause until the formal Darwin Award ceremony.
And I've read about what happened to you Skidmark. Glad to hear things didn't go their way. But maybe it's a sign that you're getting to be like Chuck Norris: you don't need to carry weapons, you (and your pointer) ARE the weapon.:cool:

- (greetings from Arizona)

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Students of our Defensive Handgun class know that we call that the "junk shot". :)

Nice. I definitely got a good laugh out of that. :lol:

ETA: Actually, the entire story in the article linked above is hilarious. Comedy gold; I'm surprised The Onion didn't write it first.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
In order to qualify for the Darwion Award the nomine must have done something that prevents them from passing on their genes. It is not necessary to die in orrder to be unable to pass on one's genes, although that certainly is helpful.

All we know is this guy shot himself in "the groin" - that covers a fair expanse of anatomy, some of which would have nothing to do with making it impossible to pass on one's genes.

Several bloggers post about what are generally referred to as the "Doofus of the Day". I have no objection to this person being placed in that category. I think that he deserves bonus points for shooting himself in the groin while waving the handgun around.

I am going to try very hard not to bring up John Farnum's phrasing of one of the Four (Three) Rules - the one that says you never point your firearm at something you are not prepared to immediately destroy utterly and completely. I'm goin to try really hard, because otherwise I'd have to believe he was trying to destroy "that" utterly and completely. And thinking that is just sad.

stay safe.

johnfenter

I wonder...

Did they charge him with "attempted spermicide"?

(That's a birth control joke)