• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I cannot ship your gun - its against my religion ! USPS idiot

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...un-shipment-its-against-my-religious-beliefs/

Why did she refuse to even touch the package? The postal worker claimed, “Because of my religious beliefs, I cannot process your package.... We were told that the employee had been “talked to” and that “the situation will not be repeated

Got a good talking too ... why not fired on the spot? Oh, right, 'cause they're commies

fjpro2a

Not a bad outcome, overall

With all the anti 2nd amendment bias, the unions, the post office, etc., the outcome wasn't bad at all. We will never get completely rid of this type behavior. But, it ended up pretty good all around. Sometimes, we make big gains and sometimes, we make small gains. I am still more upset about the losses we incur.

stealthyeliminator

And our tax dollars.....I use UPS as much as possible, my OC is never a problem, their service is quick and friendly and the premises well cared for.

I prefer UPS over all others. FedEx over USPS, for sure, but UPS over FedEx.

My mother doesn't work in shipping, but works in an area that she gets a very good view into shipping, at a company that has UPS, FedEx and USPS shipping options. For some reason they have to offer USPS as an option (managerial decision, I guess, I think it's the "cheapest" option) and they CRINGE when someone picks USPS as the shipping option. Basically, when you ship USPS, you're gambling on the delivery of your package. She has plenty of horror stories - from the simple mix ups all the way to contents of boxes being partially mixed with that of other packages. That's basically a complete failure right there, IMO.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I suppose that receiving a paycheck must also be against her religion.

I prefer UPS over all others. FedEx over USPS, for sure, but UPS over FedEx.

My mother doesn't work in shipping, but works in an area that she gets a very good view into shipping, at a company that has UPS, FedEx and USPS shipping options. For some reason they have to offer USPS as an option (managerial decision, I guess, I think it's the "cheapest" option) and they CRINGE when someone picks USPS as the shipping option. Basically, when you ship USPS, you're gambling on the delivery of your package. She has plenty of horror stories - from the simple mix ups all the way to contents of boxes being partially mixed with that of other packages. That's basically a complete failure right there, IMO.

One of my best friends manages a couple UPS Stores, and he can share endless horror stories. He sounds exactly like stealthyeliminator's mom - I've seen him cringe when customers ask for USPS shipping.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Yep I prefer to ship it by Brown.

USPS has a horrible record, I never request their shipping but if somethings go to a post office I am forced too.....ridiculous government protectionism.