• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Enhanced Permits

77zach

State mandated "Prohibited places" are an abomination for many reasons. In MS, however, you can go through more extensive "training" and you will be exempt from all "prohibited places" except jails and courtrooms during judicial proceedings:http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/mississippi.pdf

go to page 5.

We really need schools and bar areas and government meetings removed from the "prohibited places" list in Florida, for our safety and for the safety of children. I'd be willing to spend $ on some extra range practice in order for my rights to be less infringed in these so called "sensitive" places. I don't see the legislature granting us this "privilege" without giving them some cover through additional hoop jumping. If the school board meeting shooting in south Florida and Sandy Hook won't wake them up, what will?

Last edited:

77zach

More dispensation of indulgent privileges for purchased permits. A.K.A., variously, P2P & P4P

I know, but we have no right to bear arms in Fl and complaining about it won't matter. In fact, the courts here are likely going to rule in Norman vs State that the privilege to carry concealed is our right to bear arms. If it saves even one life, enhanced permits are worth it, lol.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
If your right to bear arms is defined as bearing concealed arms, then permits should go out the window. Or permits would have certain restrictions (rulings that they are not valid) in certain sensitive areas. But you cannot list sensitive areas as off-limits and then "exempt" those areas from being sensitive to those who hold enhanced/advanced permits without creating a situation where everybody is going to get searched and have their permit examined to see if it is a plain vanilla one or one that comes with whipped cream and a cherry on top, Which throws your default right to bear arms mode out the door.

Where OC is the default mode for exercising the right to bear arms mode, you can allow permits that grant varying levels of exemption to the sensitive-areas prohibitions. There is no need to detain/search OCers in those areas as they are plainly identified. Just remind them that OC is not allowed in te sensitive area.

Now all you need to do is deal with everybody else who is not OCing - RAS would be "some" people who are not OCing may be CCing and without checking it is impossible to know who is CCing and who is unarmed. Pass through all the ones not carrying. Then once you ID all those CCing you can check their permission slip to see if it is a "regular" hall pass or an "enhanced" one.

stay safe.

77zach

If your right to bear arms is defined as bearing concealed arms, then permits should go out the window.

Should, but will not. The courts will decide that our right to bear arms is contingent on getting a concealed weapons permit and carrying concealed. After the lower court upholds Mr Norman's conviction for OC, the SC may just deny the appeal. Either way, a mass shooter won't wait for the law to change. We need to allow self defense at schools for the children now.