• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Help defend our rights for open carry UofU

Utah_Patriot

Good news Mitch Vilos has agreed to take this case to offset the legal cost he has agreed to accept donations in a trust account on my behalf.
My part of the Bill is 750.00 to further open carry on Utah campuses.

I will be meeting with University Police Chief and legal counsel to discuss their Illegal policy's.
I am doing this at the risk of my employment because I truly believe in this cause and feel state university's cannot regulate firearms on state campuses.
This unlawful activity has gone on long enough and it's time we tell State owned facilities Follow State Law.

It's expected this case could go all the way up to the Utah Supreme Court if it does the cost could flex to 30,000.
I am invested in this and will follow continue to stay on top of this.

Donations are being directly handled by Mitch Vilos
The funds will go towards legal costs

when sending funds they should be sent
(FBO) for the benefit of Zachary S Wellman

Address to send them to is
Attn Mitch Vilos
PO Box 1148
Centerville Utah 84014

Donations are not tax deductible or offer any attorney client beneft

RemohGramps

Would it be possible to provide a Paypal account to make this donation? It's very easy to accomplish this with a online service, and much more difficult using snail-mail. I'm not sure that I even have any stamps anywhere in the house! ;-)

Regards.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Paypal would work z.wellman@utah.edu

call anytime 8014487574

Setting up a Paypal donate button is relatively easy. To transfer funds will require a separate personal bank account to avoid co-mingling.

Also can send funds by electronic check direct to the attorney with the memo line referencing client's name - added benefit is that no Handling fee is deducted.

Let me know when you get this set up and will be happy to stickie the thread.

Many people will be hesitant to send funds direct to the individual involved, even though there are no restrictions as to its use in any event.

Utah_Patriot

Update

Donations can now be made online this will insure funds will not be commingled and left separate from my own personal account

The website is
http://www.gofundme.com/uofuopencarry

If you can leave a positive remark on this site and make sure to share this link.

So far this has been having a positive outcome and will continue to gain momentum.

Last edited:

Utah_Patriot

Thank you

Thank you for all that have contributed we are almost their in reaching our goals.
I have been pouring my time and money into this cause and I will not stop until we return triumphant.

We can not let a University violate our rights as citizens we need to stand together because the Public Universities will not stop their.

Thank you for all that contributed I have been working extra hours and a second job to fund this and will continue until they back down.

Utah_Patriot

Thank you all for donations I am almost close to the amount to get started. Spending a lot of time and money Preparing for the meeting. Every dollar helps getting closer to the goal amount.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Utah_Patriot

Update

Well as frustrating as this ordeal has been here is a update

I contacted Mitch Vilos and had him send a follow up email to the University legal council.

I followed up with the police Chief as well

So far the University is unwilling to contact us back or email me or the lawyer a update.

Everyday I check my emails and will continue to keep this issue alive
I am continuing to make payments to Mitch Vilos and picked up a part time job to continue funding this endeavor.

I will not give up and refuse to back down from this fight until I have a answer in writing.

I will post a update to the community once I have a resolution to this

Please make sure to share this link with anyone you can to assist with the general fund
http://www.gofundme.com/uofuopencarry