• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio requires Deputy's to carry AR-15's 24/7

davidmcbeth

Banned
Maybe because he can get away with extorting money to pay for them?

These area AR-15s, not M-16s with Da Switch. Maybe you need to improve your relationship with the guy at the Sporting Goods department at Wal-Mart.

stay safe.

Oh, I have the money .... in CT those are banned evil rifles ... our course that's the view of people who wish to control me ...

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Good for Joe.

Any tools he needs to get the job done is fine by me.

"My country, far right or wrong" did not fly for Goldwater, nor for any of the fascists/comunists/statists before or after him.

Either that or you need to put up "sarcasm at work" signs.

stay safe.

Black_water

As someone who spent 30 years in CT I can tell you that most of you posting against this have it wrong. NJ, VA, CT, NY etc do not have any of the same variables at play that we do here in AZ.

We have parks here that have been put off limits to US citizens because of the violence from south of the border. Phoenix at one point (not sure if it still is) was the kidnapping capital. We have thousands of people invading from the south and everyone who lives here that likes to hike or hunt has run into them. We have signs posted all over the place about smuggling and other illegal activity etc.

Having said that, if I still lived in Ellington CT and cops were arming up like this, I would wonder why. But living here in AZ, where we as citizens are confronted with the problems daily, I have no issue with it at all.

There is a reason why our founders wanted decentralized government, and this is one of them. People in NYC cannot know what people in AZ need to do on a daily basis. What cops need in Rochester is not the same as what cops need in Phoenix etc.

We are at war down here, regardless of what DHS says. Last year alone, I personally ran into several groups of smugglers while I was out in a recreational area, and I am just talking about me. We need a completely different set of rules down here than you need up there.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Having said that, if I still lived in Ellington CT and cops were arming up like this, I would wonder why. .

My FOIA requests with CT towns show that they are arming like this in CT.

They get these guns from the feds for the most part ...free guns free guns (nothing is free ~ the feds will want you to do something for them sooner or later ~ but they don't understand)

So I also wonder why.

FreeInAZ

article-2274956-176B0E40000005DC-864_638x425.jpg

To those saying this has nothing to do with this thread, maybe it was an attempt at illustrating what can & does happen when police use those cool toys they are given. The photo shows clearly that those officers fired to "kill", even though they didn't know who they were shooting at. Luckily they didn't manage to kill the two latino ladies in this truck. Greater fire power in the hands of those without great training and moral courage leads to the greater deaths of innocents. What makes anyone think Maricopa Sheriffs will be any better at NOT shooting innocents? Just saying... :confused:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
To those saying this has nothing to do with this thread, maybe it was an attempt at illustrating what can & does happen when police use those cool toys they are given. The photo shows clearly that those officers fired to "kill", even though they didn't know who they were shooting at. Luckily they didn't manage to kill the two latino ladies in this truck. Greater fire power in the hands of those without great training and moral courage leads to the greater deaths of innocents. What makes anyone think Maricopa Sheriffs will be any better at NOT shooting innocents? Just saying... :confused:

Oh, those shooter-cops must have been acolytes of Sheriff Joe--trying to control illegal immigration by targeting all immigrants.

Now some might say they took the word targeting too far.

But, I'll bet Sheriff Joe's internal affairs investigation would find the shooter-cops violated no department policies.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Oh, those shooter-cops must have been acolytes of Sheriff Joe--trying to control illegal immigration by targeting all immigrants.

But, I'll bet Sheriff Joe's internal affairs investigation would find the shooter-cops violated no department policies.

I see what you did there. ;) My point was - those officers clearly could not see who was in that vehicle (that did not even come close to the make & color of Mr. Dorner's - but chose to shoot anyways). If police are going to start taking the tact of "if it ain't one of us "f" it - kill'em all and let the courts sort it out!" Then they should not be shocked when the public starts to shun them. If this can happen in one department, it can happen in others too.

DocWalker

I understand that point; but who would like to bet a box of dounuts that these two cops are still on the job even after delaying these ladies out delievering papers for some much needed medical care.....anyone?

DocWalker

Actually it had nothing to do with race as the cops that turned the truck into swiss cheese thought the vehicle looked like the ex-cop that was going around killing cops. They didn't even take time to confirm the vehicle nor the people inside.

It was a pre-emptive strike. The cops had no idea who was in the truck but they thought it was the ex-cop that eventually died in the cabin up at Big Bear in the flames.

DocWalker

I see what you did there. ;) My point was - those officers clearly could not see who was in that vehicle (that did not even come close to the make & color of Mr. Dorner's - but chose to shoot anyways). If police are going to start taking the tact of "if it ain't one of us "f" it - kill'em all and let the courts sort it out!" Then they should not be shocked when the public starts to shun them. If this can happen in one department, it can happen in others too.

1. The cops are still on the city payroll.

2. The cops know that the average citizen can't fight back in California, as it is illegal to have a gun in California in most cases.