• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bloomberg coming to Cincinnati

JmE

There are more attending that either don't have FB or, for whatever reason, didn't RSVP on the page. At the barest minimum, we should see at least six or seven. Probably more. It's important to keep spreading the group link though for those that haven't seen it. :)

See you tomorrow morning.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Send him an invitation to tour the Ohio river (the bottom of the river lol).

But I think that Bloomy's bus tour is having an opposite effect of what he desired ... as he travels people learn more about his ideas and realize he's a blow-hard.

MyWifeSaidYes

ps1mhd said:
...I'm coming from 45miles away.

I'm coming from Columbus, so about 100 miles.

Tuesday will make up for this trip. The Columbus event is maybe 10 miles away from me.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Wow, what an effect seven guys open carrying firearms had on Bloomberg bus tour fiasco.

The police wanted to talk to the person ahead of our group. Like a dear in the head lights, they did not know what to do when they were informed that we were not a group and we don't have a leader. We are just private citizens here to see what this Bloomberg thing was all about.

So, then it went to - can we talk to someone. We were informed that firearms were not allowed on the Sq. and we would have to leave. While little more educating of the officers was taking place a Sergent walked up told his officers to back off. He informed them we had every right to be there. The Sergent apologized for the inconvenience. We shook hands and parted ways.

I was informed that the event organizer was extremely agitated and upset that we were there for the duration.

I think the gun toting crowed out numbered the general spectators.

JmE

Thanks guys for meeting up. It was fun and very productive. Special thanks to ps1mhd for setting up the informational group page and for going above and beyond in the carry department. :)

Troy bilt

Thanks guys for meeting up. It was fun and very productive. Special thanks to ps1mhd for setting up the informational group page and for going above and beyond in the carry department. :)

Thank you all that showed for your time today. Could you give an estaminet on how many folks where there on the good guy side and how many from the Bloom T U R D side.

Where most on there side from the bus?

JmE

There were seven of us and we gained one from the public for lunch but she wasn't carrying AFAIK. I haven't a clue as to how many of "them" there were. There weren't many. I did invite some of the people working for the 'No More Names' group to lunch with us but they declined.

All of my interactions (except for the brief bit with five-0) were positive. We had quite a few positive encounters on the walk to lunch afterwards. No issues OCing at the restaurant downtown either.

A couple of gentlemen did approach a couple of us and identified as working with inner city violence. They expressed gratitude that we were armed. We discussed the need to encourage more urban minority groups to lawfully carry firearms and speak out for their right to do so.

One of our friends was interviewed by WLWT and the video is up already.

eye95

Well done, guys. I wish I did not have to be at work today.

Y'all have clearly demonstrated how grassroots works in contrast to astroturf movements like MAIG.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

MyWifeSaidYes

The entire group of spectators were just family and friends of the readers. This was confirmed by how quickly the crowd thinned as the locals who were chosen to read names finished and left.

JmE

The entire group of spectators were just family and friends of the readers. This was confirmed by how quickly the crowd thinned as the locals who were chosen to read names finished and left.

Then that explains why the last reader only had my buddy's newly found friend and security in this photo. I wondered why people were dropping out. (Told you I was sometimes an airhead. ;) )

ETA: Oh, and a pigeon. Forever alone? (j/k)

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Wow, what an effect seven guys open carrying firearms had on Bloomberg bus tour fiasco.

The police wanted to talk to the person ahead of our group. Like a dear in the head lights, they did not know what to do when they were informed that we were not a group and we don't have a leader. We are just private citizens here to see what this Bloomberg thing was all about.

So, then it went to - can we talk to someone. We were informed that firearms were not allowed on the Sq. and we would have to leave. While little more educating of the officers was taking place a Sergent walked up told his officers to back off. He informed them we had every right to be there. The Sergent apologized for the inconvenience. We shook hands and parted ways.

I was informed that the event organizer was extremely agitated and upset that we were there for the duration.

I think the gun toting crowed out numbered the general spectators.

Was there bloodshed as as result of your appearance with. eek!, firearms? Oh no, there wasn't.

I owuld have yelled to save the environment & quit wasting gas and creating pollution !

MyWifeSaidYes

I did some yelling and was told by some onlookers to "Shush!" and that I was being rude.

I told them "First Amendment. Almost as good as the Second!"

When one of my comments almost made Carlee Soto* cry involuntarily, one of the security guys (off-duty cops from Brooklyn) leaned over to me and said "Classy. Really classy."

I told him I hadn't even begun to stoop low!

If only Vicki Soto had a gun on her to protect her students?

Nah. I can go lower...

*Carlee tweeted a request for people to not talk to the media vultures if they called for comments and interviews. Then she goes on a national media tour taking advantage of her dead sister's notoriety to generate her own. I have a name for her but the ToS for this board will not let me post it.

eye95

I think it is "classy, real classy" that some use their dead relative to try to take away my RKBA.

Piss on her if it made her cry. Her sister is dead because the law stopped LAC from carrying in a way that could have saved her, yet somehow failed to stop the maniac who killed her. These idiots can't grasp that simple concept: Gun laws only inhibit those who could do good with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

davidmcbeth

Banned
if these relatives of victims want to play the political game, they have to be ready for it.

who knows how much $$$ Bloomy gave this lady ...