• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More to this story? Cops shoot dogs

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/09/horrific-allegation-couple-says-cops-climbed-through-window-without-warrant-and-shot-their-dogs/

Horrific Allegation: Couple Says Cops Climbed Through Window Without Warrant and Shot Their Dogs

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXRM3lFRwRI

Original title to this thread: More to this story? Cops go into home to shoot dogs?

Last edited by a moderator:

ComradeV

Campaign Veteran
More to this story? Cops go into home to shoot dogs?

They were looking for a fugitive and apparently they received bad intel that lead them to believe he was in this residence.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

davidmcbeth

Banned
I smell a cover up.....

“There is both a criminal and an administrative investigation ongoing,” sheriff’s spokeswoman Sena Maddison wrote in an email Wednesday.....A spokesperson for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement said the agency is not investigating the case at this point.

Looks like this will be left up to the dept. that shot the dogs and entered into the house. I'm sure they'll be impartial. Not.

davidmcbeth

Banned
par·a·prax·is (pr-prkss)
n. pl. par·a·prax·es (-prksz)
A minor error, such as a slip of the tongue, thought to reveal a repressed motive.

I learned a new word today...English was not my first language

Last edited:

Maverick9

Good point, but better called parapraxis to remove the faux-Freudian aspect.

Freud never used or defined such a phrase, and it has been debased into modern jargon for an innocent slip-of-the-tongue. Freud did examine the idea in his Parapsychology of Everyday Life (1901).

You're too smart for this place. You'd better leave. (kidding).
:)

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Good point, but better called parapraxis to remove the faux-Freudian aspect.

Freud never used or defined such a phrase, and it has been debased into modern jargon for an innocent slip-of-the-tongue. Freud did examine the idea in his Parapsychology of Everyday Life (1901).

However, in psychology, parapraxis is a minor error held to reveal a subconscious motive.

Get the AMA involved and parapraxis will be deemed a chronic disease.;)