Thread: Who wants to join me in ignoring unconstitutional laws?

Who wants to join me in ignoring unconstitutional laws?

Whose with me? Time to take a stand. Time to act.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6xQ0TV8gUU

Posting a link regarding the give-a-way of magazines deemed illegal in the states to which their residents are only eligeble for the give-a-way... AND advocating that others join you in an illegal act [even if its unconstitutional]...

"(15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts. "
    [Emphasis excepting the bolded portion is my own.]
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Well that went off the rails real quick.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40sc View Post
    Well that went off the rails real quick.
    +1 zoooom

Quote Originally Posted by mr birdman View Post
    homosexuality is a choice. Being a **** is the worst kind of bigotry. You reject god's love and are full of hate.
    wtf!!!
    Ibtl
    Are you a member of the Westboro Baptist Church?
    Last edited by golddigger14s; 08-11-2013 at 12:21 PM.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Given the course that this thread has taken, I'm afraid to click the link and see what the video is about. Where is the guy that always complains about video links not being properly introduced? He is needed here. lol

Oh, and as far as ignoring unconstitutional laws goes... Afraid I won't be joining you. Pick your battles, preferably the ones that don't potentially end in bloodshed. Education and normalization are keys to successful and long lasting change, no? Alienating yourself is not productive to liberty, I think. Sticking around this forum, you begin to see, perhaps we can have liberty without 'drastic measures' after all.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 08-10-2013 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Birdman View Post
    Homosexuality is a CHOICE. Being a **** is the worst kind of bigotry. You reject God's love and are full of hate.
    Yeah! All of you queer f*****s need to stop making all your bigoted comments and mean spirited remarks and join Mr. Birdman in posting comments filled with love and acceptance (such as the one above) like his God endorses!

If all you gays don't stop with all the hatred and intolerance, and begin exhibiting the kindness exemplified by Mr Birdman in his above post, you'll burn for eternity in a pit of fire at the hand of a loving and caring god.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Birdman View Post
    Homosexuality is a CHOICE. Being a **** is the worst kind of bigotry. You reject God's love and are full of hate.
    You sir, are a unicorn on this forum. I applaud you.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Given the course that this thread has taken, I'm afraid to click the link and see what the video is about. Where is the guy that always complains about video links not being properly introduced? He is needed here. lol

Oh, and as far as ignoring unconstitutional laws goes... Afraid I won't be joining you. Pick your battles, preferably the ones that don't potentially end in bloodshed. Education and normalization are keys to successful and long lasting change, no? Alienating yourself is not productive to liberty, I think. Sticking around this forum, you begin to see, perhaps we can have liberty without 'drastic measures' after all.
    Sticking around this forum has taught me that precious few people are willing to actually put their money where their mouths are when it comes to the rhetoric of Freedom and Liberty. We hold the power, and we have handed it over willingly out of outright fear of Uncle Sam. If we continue like this, nothing will ever get better, we will only continue our free fall into authoritarianism.

Quote Originally Posted by bomber View Post
    Sticking around this forum has taught me that precious few people are willing to actually put their money where their mouths are when it comes to the rhetoric of Freedom and Liberty. We hold the power, and we have handed it over willingly out of outright fear of Uncle Sam. If we continue like this, nothing will ever get better, we will only continue our free fall into authoritarianism.
    One of my problems is - I don't have any money to put down.

If I had a few $100,000 for legal fees and could guaranty the safety and provision of my family, I'd probably be more willing to make a run through the legal system, perhaps such as Kokesh is currently doing.

Banned

If I had a few $100,000 for legal fees and could guaranty the safety and provision of my family, I'd probably be more willing to make a run through the legal system, perhaps such as Kokesh is currently doing.
    Costs about $500 to file a case, not $100,000.

But there are plenty of cases pending ... I don't know if another filed by you is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Costs about $500 to file a case, not $100,000.

But there are plenty of cases pending ... I don't know if another filed by you is needed.
    I'm not talking about filing a case, I'm talking about defending yourself in court when you're arrested. I'd venture to guess your total cost in such a circumstance would amount to more than $500.

Finally watched the video. My first reaction is that I like the contest. Civil disobedience such as this I don't necessarily see a problem with. But completely ignoring all law that you personally feel to be unconstitutional could literally spell death for certain individuals. I don't condone the condoning of blind, anger-fueled disobedience of all laws you personally believe to be unconstitutional, especially when the condoning is left open-ended and there is no cap discussed for level of resistance. Even if it's morally justifiable, it is not tactful and would likely not be effective in the pursuit of liberty.

Not to mention, I don't have $500 to spare, either.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 08-10-2013 at 04:27 PM.

If we waited until everything was just right, we'd never get started.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post
    Yeah! All of you queer f*****s need to stop making all your bigoted comments and mean spirited remarks and join Mr. Birdman in posting comments filled with love and acceptance (such as the one above) like his God endorses!

If all you gays don't stop with all the hatred and intolerance, and begin exhibiting the kindness exemplified by Mr Birdman in his above post, you'll burn for eternity in a pit of fire at the hand of a loving and caring god.

Quote Originally Posted by bomber View Post
    If we waited until everything was just right, we'd never get started.
    That's true

Banned

Not to mention, I don't have $500 to spare, either.
    Dang, sorry dude...maybe a cop will clunk you over the head and you'll be a millionaire ! Good luck, also my favorite # is 5 .. its a lucky number !

Well, the only laws are Newtons and similar laws. I love it when a cop asks me what the speed limit is ... and I tell him: well its hard to go faster than 3 * 10^8 m/sec !