• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boycott Florida

wardtom084

Interesting FL impacts….

The Reverend Jesse Jackson, in the wake of the Trayvon Martin verdict, made
this proclamation several days ago-

"I want all African Americans to know that it is time to boycott the whole
state of Florida!!! No concerts, conventions or ball games. No vacations in
the sunshine state and no orange juice. Stay away from Florida. Boycott
anything FROM Florida!"

Fox News noted that almost instantly, the property values in Florida shot up
and vacation spots began to sell out. The crime rate is expected to continue
to fall to record lows until the boycott is over.

Black_water

I wonder what % of the population as whole and the black population actually listens to these race baiters?

I mean other than being on the news for silly stuff, is he or Al even relevant?

wardtom084

My son lives down there. One night his dogs were acting a little funny. He notices some scratches on them the next morning but didn't know what caused them. That night he heard some strange noises on the back porch. Going out to see what it was there was a six foot alligator or maybe a crocodile (forget which one it is) on his back porch. I'll stay where I am at also.

stealthyeliminator

I'd be a lot more afraid of a bear than a crocodile or alligator... Crocs will just lay there and bake in the sun. Bear, might just decide you look tasty, or too much a threat to a nearby cub, or trying to steal their dinner... Not to mention, I'd feel much more confident in my handgun disabling a croc than a bear. Perhaps that isn't truth, but... Another point might be that you see plenty of croc wrestlers, but I've never seen anyone wrestle a bear and come out on top...

CCinMaine

Bears are a lot less likely to "intrude" on populated areas then snakes and crocs. Not to mention that bears don't hide under hoses, flower pots, ect.

09jisaac

I'd be a lot more afraid of a bear than a crocodile or alligator... Crocs will just lay there and bake in the sun.

Two completely different animals. Crocodiles are VERY aggressive and have little fear of humans. Alligators are the exact opposite. They usually have an intense fear of humans.

Crocodilian aggression is the reason cross and alligators only co exist in a few (I think one) place(s).

stealthyeliminator

Two completely different animals. Crocodiles are VERY aggressive and have little fear of humans. Alligators are the exact opposite. They usually have an intense fear of humans.

Crocodilian aggression is the reason cross and alligators only co exist in a few (I think one) place(s).

That is good to know... I still think I like my odds vs. a Croc better than vs. a bear. lol. Maybe it's not rational, but, most fears aren't, right? I mean, in addition to taking Crocodiles over bears, I'd take bears over spiders any day. That one surely can't be too logical. :D

eye95

Interesting story. However, I would also like some cites for the claims in the OP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

davidmcbeth

Banned
That is good to know... I still think I like my odds vs. a Croc better than vs. a bear. lol. Maybe it's not rational, but, most fears aren't, right? I mean, in addition to taking Crocodiles over bears, I'd take bears over spiders any day. That one surely can't be too logical. :D

Still waiting for the Sy-Fi moive "Croctopus" .. a classic in the making

Freedom1Man

Interesting FL impacts….

The Reverend Jesse Jackson, in the wake of the Trayvon Martin verdict, made
this proclamation several days ago-

"I want all African Americans to know that it is time to boycott the whole
state of Florida!!! No concerts, conventions or ball games. No vacations in
the sunshine state and no orange juice. Stay away from Florida. Boycott
anything FROM Florida!"

Fox News noted that almost instantly, the property values in Florida shot up
and vacation spots began to sell out. The crime rate is expected to continue
to fall to record lows until the boycott is over.

I fail to see how this is a bad thing.....

The only ones who listen to that J hole are the criminal types anyways.
So replace "blacks" with "criminals" and that is who Jesse Jackhole is talking to.