• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Positive OC experience in Lincoln

Freiheit417

Hello all,

Last week, I went into the NH Liquor Outlet in Lincoln while OC'ing. The guy working the counter said while smiling, "hey, what have you got for a 'piece'?" I had to laugh inside about the choice of the word "piece." But anyway, after telling him what I had, he said something like "nice, I have a Smith & Wesson M&P 45." I said those were pretty good from what I understand and then I asked him if he had ever been to the Sig Sauer Pro Shop in Epping. He said no, so I told him he should check it out. I then wished him a pleasant day after I finished paying. There was a long line of people behind me, so I didn't chat much more.

The parking lot was mostly full of out-of-staters, so I'd imagine many in the store were not from NH. All the better....

Side note - I also saw a guy OC'ing a 1911 in New Hampton. Although, I'm not sure if it totally counts since he was a customer in a gun store. Nevertheless, he was OC'ing though!

It was a good day! :dude:

Freiheit417

Welcome to New Hampshire! :)

Thank you!

I visit NH a couple times a year, every year. The people are awesome and it's such a beautiful state. It's hard to leave every time, knowing that I'm going back home to the People's Republic of Connecticut.

ldsgeek

Really?

Even those seeking more freedom and not looking to bring problems with them?

If only most of them were doing that it would be OK. The majority I see move here to get away from the cesspool that MA has turned into, complain about the "lack of services" and then proceed to vote to institute the same failed policies they ran away from in the first place. You would think that one of the cradles of liberty in this country would be able to turn out some liberty-minded people but the educational system there seems to prevent it, as well as eliminating any critical thinking skills (so they might be able to learn from mistakes).

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If only most of them were doing that it would be OK. The majority I see move here to get away from the cesspool that MA has turned into, complain about the "lack of services" and then proceed to vote to institute the same failed policies they ran away from in the first place. You would think that one of the cradles of liberty in this country would be able to turn out some liberty-minded people but the educational system there seems to prevent it, as well as eliminating any critical thinking skills (so they might be able to learn from mistakes).

When relocating, people do tend to pack their problems first - just can't seem to start fresh.

snatale42

Really?

Even those seeking more freedom and not looking to bring problems with them?

EXACTLY!!!! Most of the "problem" people wouldn't move to NH. When I was saying cya later to MA my 2 choices were NH and VA. Wife liked VA better so here I am. It's also a huge myth that everybody in MA is a gun hating liberal. Around Boston, sure. But much of the state is completely normal.

ptrdsmn

I'm from Lincoln. Just moved back to be with family there last year and the first thing I did is go to see Chief Smith across the street and get a CC License. Lincoln is far enough North where everyone is ok with carrying a gun. Whenever there is a issue its always somebody from Massachusetts up there for the winter to go snowboarding or mountain climbing etc. I've personally never had any issues. I walked all up and down Main St and into all the businesses with OC my Springfield XD45.