• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Connecticut Carry - Help the East Haven Plane Crach Victims

Rich B

Note: This is not a Connecticut Carry hosted event, although we are proud to get involved. We just feel that there are a lot of Connecticut residents whom we know that would like to help out other Connecticut residents in a time of need. Please consider taking your loved one(s) out for a nice lunch or dinner to help out the East Haven families.

From East Haven Chili's management:

On Friday August 8th, 2013 there was a tragic loss of life here in East Haven. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all the families affected by this terrible tragedy. When any member of this community is lost, we feel as if we lost a member of our family. Our Chili's family would like the opportunity to give back to these families who lost loved ones. This Thursday, August 15th, we will be donating 50% of our sales to those affected. Please let us do the cooking Thursday and help us support these families.

Thursday
August 15th, 2013
11AM - 11PM

Flyer: http://ctcarry.com/Document/Download/3b7ee3ca-dcc8-4bc5-8e47-8037e1cf6d62

Please get the word out so we can all help the people of East Haven who need some help.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I don't think that there was any major financial loss here ... plane crashed and killed 2 minor children on the ground, and in the air the pilot and his non-married child died.

The mother on the ground got out ..

What's the money collected going for?

Insurance will cover all the $$ losses.

Money cannot fix any of this.

Ctclassic

I don't think that there was any major financial loss here ... plane crashed and killed 2 minor children on the ground, and in the air the pilot and his non-married child died.

The mother on the ground got out ..

What's the money collected going for?

Insurance will cover all the $$ losses.

Money cannot fix any of this.

I can't believe I am agreeing with something David has posted. Although quite sad indeed, I can't remember the last time there was an untimely death, ie, car wreck, etc...that claimed the lives of four people from two (and a half) different families where there was a fundraiser. I hope they make out well.