Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 52

Thread: A certain retired police officer...

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063

    A certain retired police officer...

    A certain retired police officer whom I know was telling someone today that, if he encountered an OCer in a metropolitan area, he'd tell him to leave immediately. If the carrier did not, the cop'd hang around until enough of his fellow cops showed up so they would be able to beat the carrier up. He didn't say that they would (maybe they would've), but clearly, he was into intimidating law abiding folk doing something he did not want them to do.

    Man I am glad he is no longer in law enforcement. The way he speaks makes me wonder if he weren't more of a criminal than the folks he typically arrested.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

  2. #2
    Regular Member 77zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Marion County, FL
    Posts
    3,005

    Re: A certain retired police officer...

    I wish I could say I'm surprised. This is why OC is important and many more people ought to exercise it.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

    I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Fallschirmjäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,915

    Every day, I'm becoming more and more convinced that it's not the terrorists I should fear.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063

    A certain retired police officer...

    This topic is not about terrorists. It is about cops. Certain cops should be feared for the criminal and unreasonable way they will use force that they feel they should be able to wield at will. This guy has bragged about dragging motorists through the car window when they wouldn't step out of the car.

    He was the precise kind of cop that makes so many here hate and castigate all cops. However, he was not the typical cop. He was the kind of cop we should fear as much as we would've feared any other criminal.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

  5. #5
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    A certain retired police officer whom I know was telling someone today that, if he encountered an OCer in a metropolitan area, he'd tell him to leave immediately. If the carrier did not, the cop'd hang around until enough of his fellow cops showed up so they would be able to beat the carrier up. He didn't say that they would (maybe they would've), but clearly, he was into intimidating law abiding folk doing something he did not want them to do.

    Man I am glad he is no longer in law enforcement. The way he speaks makes me wonder if he weren't more of a criminal than the folks he typically arrested.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    This topic is not about terrorists. It is about cops. Certain cops should be feared for the criminal and unreasonable way they will use force that they feel they should be able to wield at will. This guy has bragged about dragging motorists through the car window when they wouldn't step out of the car.

    He was the precise kind of cop that makes so many here hate and castigate all cops. However, he was not the typical cop. He was the kind of cop we should fear as much as we would've feared any other criminal.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>
    Seems like he was fairly positive the events would unfold how he wished.....wonder why?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  6. #6
    Regular Member 77zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Marion County, FL
    Posts
    3,005
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    This topic is not about terrorists. It is about cops. Certain cops should be feared for the criminal and unreasonable way they will use force that they feel they should be able to wield at will. This guy has bragged about dragging motorists through the car window when they wouldn't step out of the car.

    He was the precise kind of cop that makes so many here hate and castigate all cops. However, he was not the typical cop. He was the kind of cop we should fear as much as we would've feared any other criminal.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>
    The thing that has me worried most besides the belligerent tactics/militarization of police, is that rogue cops don't seem to be reliably ostracized by their fellow officers. The retired officer you posted about went a whole career blithely abusing citizens with his buddies rarely or never smacking him down. Lord knows what he did that he won't talk about.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

    I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Seems like he was fairly positive the events would unfold how he wished.....wonder why?
    Good point.

    I'm reminded of a few cops--maybe two on this forum, and one who publishes advice for pro-gunners--who spent a lot of effort trying to convince readers to comply and not get mouthy with cops and waive rights. So much so that I started to wonder if maybe they knew what some of their colleagues were capable of, but didn't dare admit it.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    A certain retired police officer whom I know was telling someone today that, if he encountered an OCer in a metropolitan area, he'd tell him to leave immediately. If the carrier did not, the cop'd hang around until enough of his fellow cops showed up so they would be able to beat the carrier up. He didn't say that they would (maybe they would've), but clearly, he was into intimidating law abiding folk doing something he did not want them to do.

    Man I am glad he is no longer in law enforcement. The way he speaks makes me wonder if he weren't more of a criminal than the folks he typically arrested.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>
    The cop never seen anyone in a metro area carrying? I find that hard to believe, hence, the guy was just blowing smoke. Just MO

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    3,277
    Know your rights and know how to operate/install a video recorder with audio. Go purchase the most advanced model in pairs.

    The criminal tyrant cop of the past is the fool minded ignorant bully of the present.

    Use USCA section 42 @1983 as your Bible.

    Expose the fool minded ignorant bully and the organization that protects his/her actions and laugh all the way to the bank.

    Best regards

    CCJ

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Presumably you know what department he is retired from. And presumably you can get a recording of him saying that, or something similar.

    Putting those both together in a letter to the chief of the department as the basis of a complaint about him being qualified to carry a concealed handgun under LEOSA should result in some entertainment. While LEOSA itself exempts a covered retired officer from the state requirements for a license/permit to carry concealed, it does place certain liability on the certifying agency that the retired officer is not only qualified (length of service plus firing range course completion) but competent to carry concealed under LEOSA.

    It is a shame that you cannot write to Pueblo, CO for a copy of "Cats, the skinning thereof". It would probanly be a best seller.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063

    A certain retired police officer...

    Someday, when such actions will not negatively impact others and (ironically) provide him benefit in another regard, I may take those suggestions. However, at the moment, the downside of taking action against this retired cop would do more harm than the upside will do good.

    He is no longer a cop, so his attitude can no longer allow him to abuse citizens. However, his attitude will prove to be his downfall now if he does not change it and if I do nothing like your otherwise excellent suggestions.

    I know this is all horribly vague, but I was really just venting more than looking for a way to proceed. My way to proceed is dictated by circumstances I'd rather not discuss.

    Thanks for the suggestions.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,153
    Adhockery (said like it is phlegm).
    Last edited by Nightmare; 08-11-2013 at 08:24 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Gunslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Free, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    3,855
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    A certain retired police officer whom I know was telling someone today that, if he encountered an OCer in a metropolitan area, he'd tell him to leave immediately. If the carrier did not, the cop'd hang around until enough of his fellow cops showed up so they would be able to beat the carrier up. He didn't say that they would (maybe they would've), but clearly, he was into intimidating law abiding folk doing something he did not want them to do.

    Man I am glad he is no longer in law enforcement. The way he speaks makes me wonder if he weren't more of a criminal than the folks he typically arrested.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>
    What is there to "wonder" about? Res ipsa loquitur.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

  14. #14
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    What is there to "wonder" about? Res ipsa loquitur.
    Lawyers. They're worse than Marshaul when it comes to big words. Where's my dictionary?


    ETA: Ahhhh. http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=1823
    Last edited by Citizen; 08-11-2013 at 12:21 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  15. #15
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    SNIP Presumably you know what department he is retired from. And presumably you can get a recording of him saying that, or something similar.

    Putting those both together in a letter to the chief of the department as the basis of a complaint about him being qualified to carry a concealed handgun under LEOSA should result in some entertainment.
    Don't forget that it also indicts "his friends" on the force who would use illegal force to apply extra-judicial punishment.

    If anybody was ever a reliable confidential informant, it would be a retired cop. The retired cop's comment just screams for an investigation of his friends in the department.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Someday, when such actions will not negatively impact others and (ironically) provide him benefit in another regard, I may take those suggestions. However, at the moment, the downside of taking action against this retired cop would do more harm than the upside will do good.

    He is no longer a cop, so his attitude can no longer allow him to abuse citizens. However, his attitude will prove to be his downfall now if he does not change it and if I do nothing like your otherwise excellent suggestions.

    I know this is all horribly vague, but I was really just venting more than looking for a way to proceed. My way to proceed is dictated by circumstances I'd rather not discuss.

    Thanks for the suggestions.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>
    Here's a possible solution....

    He's your friend, so take him downtown for lunch (you carry of course, as the norm) and follow these steps:

    1) Tell you you're buying so he will not need his wallet
    2) drive downtown to a suitable location
    3) park and start walking with your friend (you carrying of course)
    4) bring it back up that perhaps you should leave because you are carrying in a metro area
    5) he should agree (if not call him a hypocrite-argue until he re-states his position)
    6) get back in your vehicle and drive back home, leaving your friend there.

    He'll get the hint.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 08-11-2013 at 03:53 PM.

  17. #17
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,731
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    This topic is not about terrorists. It is about cops. Certain cops should be feared for the criminal and unreasonable way they will use force that they feel they should be able to wield at will. This guy has bragged about dragging motorists through the car window when they wouldn't step out of the car.

    He was the precise kind of cop that makes so many here hate and castigate all cops. However, he was not the typical cop. He was the kind of cop we should fear as much as we would've feared any other criminal.
    And who said it was??????

  18. #18
    Regular Member XD40sc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post

    Man I am glad he is no longer in law enforcement. The way he speaks makes me wonder if he weren't more of a criminal than the folks he typically arrested.
    <o>
    Not to worry, there are still plenty of LEO's out there like him and only follow their view of what should be law, not the actual law.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063

    A certain retired police officer...

    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    And who said it was??????
    I see that you're still behaving like an ass.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063

    A certain retired police officer...

    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Here's a possible solution....

    He's your friend...
    He is decidedly NOT my friend.

    Oh, and until you have stopped trolling for months, I will not respond to you on topic. I will only point out your behavior and your egregious errors, such as this one. You have a long way to go to lose the troll reputation.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I will not respond to you on topic.

    <o>
    You already did, duh. And I'm a big enough guy to correct myself....you are not his friend but appear to be his lover.

    You have an video to show that this is not true? Then it is...
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 08-11-2013 at 07:45 PM.

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063

    A certain retired police officer...

    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    He is decidedly NOT my friend.

    Oh, and until you have stopped trolling for months, I will not respond to you on topic. I will only point out your behavior and your egregious errors, such as this one. You have a long way to go to lose the troll reputation.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    You already did, duh. And I'm a big enough guy to correct myself....you are not his friend but appear to be his lover.

    You have an video to show that this is not true? Then it is...
    Just wanted folks to see the whole quote that you dishonestly edited so that they can see that I was not discussing on topic with you, but pointing out a lie that you posted.

    I see that you are still behaving like a troll, a liar, and a loser.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Just wanted folks to see the whole quote that you dishonestly edited so that they can see that I was not discussing on topic with you, but pointing out a lie that you posted.

    I see that you are still behaving like a troll, a liar, and a loser.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>
    but no video huh? hmmmm...by your own standards, it does not look good you you ... maybe you should move on

  24. #24
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    long way to go EYE just to call someone an ass.


    moving on
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063

    A certain retired police officer...

    Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    long way to go EYE just to call someone an ass.


    moving on
    I see that you continue to behave like an ass.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •