• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A certain retired police officer...

eye95

A certain retired police officer whom I know was telling someone today that, if he encountered an OCer in a metropolitan area, he'd tell him to leave immediately. If the carrier did not, the cop'd hang around until enough of his fellow cops showed up so they would be able to beat the carrier up. He didn't say that they would (maybe they would've), but clearly, he was into intimidating law abiding folk doing something he did not want them to do.

Man I am glad he is no longer in law enforcement. The way he speaks makes me wonder if he weren't more of a criminal than the folks he typically arrested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Fallschirjmäger

O7AkHr0.jpg

Every day, I'm becoming more and more convinced that it's not the terrorists I should fear.

eye95

This topic is not about terrorists. It is about cops. Certain cops should be feared for the criminal and unreasonable way they will use force that they feel they should be able to wield at will. This guy has bragged about dragging motorists through the car window when they wouldn't step out of the car.

He was the precise kind of cop that makes so many here hate and castigate all cops. However, he was not the typical cop. He was the kind of cop we should fear as much as we would've feared any other criminal.

<o>

sudden valley gunner

A certain retired police officer whom I know was telling someone today that, if he encountered an OCer in a metropolitan area, he'd tell him to leave immediately. If the carrier did not, the cop'd hang around until enough of his fellow cops showed up so they would be able to beat the carrier up. He didn't say that they would (maybe they would've), but clearly, he was into intimidating law abiding folk doing something he did not want them to do.

Man I am glad he is no longer in law enforcement. The way he speaks makes me wonder if he weren't more of a criminal than the folks he typically arrested.

<o>

This topic is not about terrorists. It is about cops. Certain cops should be feared for the criminal and unreasonable way they will use force that they feel they should be able to wield at will. This guy has bragged about dragging motorists through the car window when they wouldn't step out of the car.

He was the precise kind of cop that makes so many here hate and castigate all cops. However, he was not the typical cop. He was the kind of cop we should fear as much as we would've feared any other criminal.

<o>

Seems like he was fairly positive the events would unfold how he wished.....wonder why?

77zach

<o>

The thing that has me worried most besides the belligerent tactics/militarization of police, is that rogue cops don't seem to be reliably ostracized by their fellow officers. The retired officer you posted about went a whole career blithely abusing citizens with his buddies rarely or never smacking him down. Lord knows what he did that he won't talk about.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Seems like he was fairly positive the events would unfold how he wished.....wonder why?

Good point.

I'm reminded of a few cops--maybe two on this forum, and one who publishes advice for pro-gunners--who spent a lot of effort trying to convince readers to comply and not get mouthy with cops and waive rights. So much so that I started to wonder if maybe they knew what some of their colleagues were capable of, but didn't dare admit it.

davidmcbeth

Banned

<o>

The cop never seen anyone in a metro area carrying? I find that hard to believe, hence, the guy was just blowing smoke. Just MO

countryclubjoe

Know your rights and know how to operate/install a video recorder with audio. Go purchase the most advanced model in pairs.

The criminal tyrant cop of the past is the fool minded ignorant bully of the present.

Use USCA section 42 @1983 as your Bible.

Expose the fool minded ignorant bully and the organization that protects his/her actions and laugh all the way to the bank.

Best regards

CCJ

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Presumably you know what department he is retired from. And presumably you can get a recording of him saying that, or something similar.

Putting those both together in a letter to the chief of the department as the basis of a complaint about him being qualified to carry a concealed handgun under LEOSA should result in some entertainment. While LEOSA itself exempts a covered retired officer from the state requirements for a license/permit to carry concealed, it does place certain liability on the certifying agency that the retired officer is not only qualified (length of service plus firing range course completion) but competent to carry concealed under LEOSA.

It is a shame that you cannot write to Pueblo, CO for a copy of "Cats, the skinning thereof". It would probanly be a best seller.

stay safe.

eye95

Someday, when such actions will not negatively impact others and (ironically) provide him benefit in another regard, I may take those suggestions. However, at the moment, the downside of taking action against this retired cop would do more harm than the upside will do good.

He is no longer a cop, so his attitude can no longer allow him to abuse citizens. However, his attitude will prove to be his downfall now if he does not change it and if I do nothing like your otherwise excellent suggestions.

I know this is all horribly vague, but I was really just venting more than looking for a way to proceed. My way to proceed is dictated by circumstances I'd rather not discuss.

Thanks for the suggestions.

<o>

Gunslinger

<o>

What is there to "wonder" about? Res ipsa loquitur.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP Presumably you know what department he is retired from. And presumably you can get a recording of him saying that, or something similar.

Putting those both together in a letter to the chief of the department as the basis of a complaint about him being qualified to carry a concealed handgun under LEOSA should result in some entertainment.

Don't forget that it also indicts "his friends" on the force who would use illegal force to apply extra-judicial punishment.

If anybody was ever a reliable confidential informant, it would be a retired cop. The retired cop's comment just screams for an investigation of his friends in the department.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Someday, when such actions will not negatively impact others and (ironically) provide him benefit in another regard, I may take those suggestions. However, at the moment, the downside of taking action against this retired cop would do more harm than the upside will do good.

He is no longer a cop, so his attitude can no longer allow him to abuse citizens. However, his attitude will prove to be his downfall now if he does not change it and if I do nothing like your otherwise excellent suggestions.

I know this is all horribly vague, but I was really just venting more than looking for a way to proceed. My way to proceed is dictated by circumstances I'd rather not discuss.

Thanks for the suggestions.

<o>

Here's a possible solution....

He's your friend, so take him downtown for lunch (you carry of course, as the norm) and follow these steps:

1) Tell you you're buying so he will not need his wallet
2) drive downtown to a suitable location
3) park and start walking with your friend (you carrying of course)
4) bring it back up that perhaps you should leave because you are carrying in a metro area
5) he should agree (if not call him a hypocrite-argue until he re-states his position)
6) get back in your vehicle and drive back home, leaving your friend there.

He'll get the hint.

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

And who said it was??????

XD40sc

<o>

Not to worry, there are still plenty of LEO's out there like him and only follow their view of what should be law, not the actual law.

eye95

Here's a possible solution....

He's your friend...

He is decidedly NOT my friend.

Oh, and until you have stopped trolling for months, I will not respond to you on topic. I will only point out your behavior and your egregious errors, such as this one. You have a long way to go to lose the troll reputation.

<o>

davidmcbeth

Banned
I will not respond to you on topic.

<o>

You already did, duh. And I'm a big enough guy to correct myself....you are not his friend but appear to be his lover.

You have an video to show that this is not true? Then it is...

Last edited: