• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charlotte Lunch & Range Saturday 9/7/13

Jamesm760

When:
Sep 7 2013
12PM

Where:
Hibachi Grill & Supreme Buffet
3000 Cloverleaf Pkwy, Kannapolis, NC ‎
(704) 784-1888

When:
12PM
9/7/13

Hope to see you guys again.

---------------------------------------------
Attending:
Jamesm760 (Possible +1)
USMCRET. +1.5
G22Shooter +1.5

Last edited:

Jamesm760

G22Shooter mentioned:

There is the Hibachi Grill Supreme Buffet at I-85 and Concord Parkway.

There's also Mr C's Chicken on Concord Parkway near CMC Northeast.

There is also Golden Corral on Concord Parkway near i-85.

I'm good with all 3, if someone has a preference, say the word and the next meet will be there. Though Sushi sounds good. ;)

Jamesm760

I just called the Hibachi place and confirmed they don't serve alcohol. So sounds like we are doing hibachi next meet!

Where:
Hibachi Grill & Supreme Buffet
3000 Cloverleaf Pkwy, Kannapolis, NC ‎
(704) 784-1888

When:

12PM
9/7/13

Horsegal984

Since I actually have some ammo now we will definitely be there this time! The thought of sushi is a total added bonus!!

Side note, I am still debating between the Ruger LCP and a Sig P238 for my EDC/CC(when I need to) gun. If anyone has a P238 they could bring I will bring ammo to put a clip or two through it. I've shot the LCP an LC9, love the feel of the P238 but haven't had the chance to shoot it.

Horsegal984

I don't have a .380 but I can bring my Kahr PM9. It's pretty tiny.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

I really appreciate the offer, but I'd like to put some rounds through the P238 specifically. I've shot the LCP and LC9, would really like to compare the feel of the P238 with live rounds in it.

Not to downplay the importance of frequent range time, but I like to know that where my EDC is concerned I can not shoot it for 3 months and still be accurate.

Though I will never say no to tryin a new gun ...... ;-)

Jamesm760

I really appreciate the offer, but I'd like to put some rounds through the P238 specifically. I've shot the LCP and LC9, would really like to compare the feel of the P238 with live rounds in it.

Not to downplay the importance of frequent range time, but I like to know that where my EDC is concerned I can not shoot it for 3 months and still be accurate.

Though I will never say no to tryin a new gun ...... ;-)

I have a Bersa 380 CC that I prefer over the LCP and TCP. I will take it so you can put some rounds through it.

7 Days left! Don't forget the location changed to the Hibachi buffet! 12pm See you guys there.

carolina guy

Wish I could this time, but the Crabgrass County fair is open, and got to take a couple of the little maniacs there. ;-) Have a great time!! BTW: James...did you get a new pistol yet?

Jamesm760

Wish I could this time, but the Crabgrass County fair is open, and got to take a couple of the little maniacs there. ;-) Have a great time!! BTW: James...did you get a new pistol yet?

no, not yet, I dont feel like applying for a PPP since im waiting for the CHP. Once i get it (hopefully less than the 6months they said) I will buy something then. I have more than enough time make a decision ;). I have been looking at the competition XDm's 9mm with the 19 round mags. Honestly though not sure what i will get until I step inside the shop and hold them, for now its nice to window shop!

Hope you make it next time! Have fun at the fair!

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran
Have to cancel, as much as I hate it. The little girl busted get head open and we are at the emergency room getting her stitched up.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

roushstang99

Great meeting you James. Can't wait for the next meet. I will def. rent XDm next time and maybe a few others. I really liked how it shot. :monkey

Jamesm760

Great meeting you James. Can't wait for the next meet. I will def. rent XDm next time and maybe a few others. I really liked how it shot. :monkey

It was also nice meeting you, Kat, and little Madison. Sorry about my friend not being to talkitive... hes a quiet one. Im still trying to get rid of the CA brainwashing people get programed with when living in that state. Soon enough he will also begin to OC.

I can now officially say that I prefer my bersa over any other 380 since I never previously shot the p238.

Like I stated above in a previous post, I was really looking into the XDm. I really liked the Kimber that I shot last time... but that XDm ... That is 100% sure my next purchase! To be specific I want the bi-tone. :banana:
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...s_id/77447/Springfield+9mm+5.25+COMPET+BITONE

Your guys' grouping was better with the XDm, and also better with the bersa than with the P238.
That 5.25" and 19rnd mag cap, plus it looking sexy... can't go wrong with that at all. Once I get that, It will be my EDC. I can't wait to get it... I'm gonna have dreams about it!

For all the people that were not able to make it, hope to see you guys next meet!
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...Meet-6-Saturday-10-5-13&p=1981612#post1981612