Thread: NC resident heading to SC for a few days...

Smithfield, NC

NC resident heading to SC for a few days...

Hello all. I'm a typically open carrier in NC but do have my concealed permit which is recognized in SC. I also know SC does not allow open carry. I'm bringing my wife to MUSC in Charleston tomorrow so I need to know some guidelines for my visit. I carry a full size Beretta PX4 .45. Are there any stipulations in SC as far as "printing"? If anyone knows what they're looking for they'll likely be able to tell I'm carrying although I will wear shirts that fit a little larger to help avoid this. My other question has to do with where carrying will be prohibited...i.e., college campuses, places that serve alcohol, medical facilities, etc.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Last edited by Hrcnsfan; 08-11-2013 at 09:17 AM.

Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    In South Carolina concealed means "hidden from public view in normal wear of clothing."

SECTION 23-31-205. Name. This article may be cited as the "Law Abiding Citizens Self-Defense Act of 1996".

(M) A permit issued pursuant to this section does not authorize a permit holder to carry a concealable weapon into a:
    [ ... ]
    (10) hospital, medical clinic, doctor's office, or any other facility where medical services or procedures are performed unless expressly authorized by the employer.
    The Medical University of South Carolina is a large complex of hospitals and clinics. The prohibition is not further clarified that I know. I believe that an alternative medicine practicioner's parlor is prohibited. I disarmed for my daughters doctor graduation.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 08-11-2013 at 09:24 AM.
    .............>>> A Normie's Guide to the Alt-Right <<<.............
    Following condemnations by Hillary Clinton, everyone in the world is now trying to define exactly what the Alt-Right is. Most of them are getting it wrong.