• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The perfect carry piece.

kurt555gs

Many of us have tried different pistols and revolvers for our perfect carry piece. I have finally found one that fits concealed carry, open carry, any carry and it's comfortable. It also has the stopping power that I like, and it fits my hand perfectly. Its a Smith & Wesson 329 PD Air-Lite. Along with a Simply Rugged pancake holster it weighs little more than a Walther PPK. This may not be a comfortable shooting gun, but for me I think I found my perfect carry gun.

Soylent Green is made out of people.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376235778097.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376235778097.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Do you count blast, recovery from recoil as part of your perfection? It's certainly part of the fun!

Yes, that is a nice firearm. I've carried its smaller counterpart the M340PD in .357.

kurt555gs

Yes. This isn't the gun for 300 grain Cor-Bon bear rounds. Either .44 Specials or light 185 grain .44 Magnums would be my preferred loads.

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

There isn't such a handgun that is why one has to own many styles, types and calibers.

Light weight magnum caliber handguns are nice to carry a lot but are not that pleasant to shoot with full power magnum loads.

Yes a own more then one of this type.

kurt555gs

FI. Agreed. I have "several". This one is rather nice though. With light loads.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

There isn't such a handgun that is why one has to own many styles, types and calibers.

Light weight magnum caliber handguns are nice to carry a lot but are not that pleasant to shoot with full power magnum loads.

Yes a own more then one of this type.

carry the best self dense gun you are comfortable with.
carry 357 mags,
play with 38 special

carry 44 mags
play with 44 special

carry 9x23 winchester magnum
play with 9mm largo, thats what I carry

Remember, shooting at the range should be a fun practice time...
Shooting two in the chest and one in the head will not even be noticed by your hand or wrist!

Self defense is just a work up for the real deal!!

kurt555gs

Range Report:

1: Bersa Thunder .380

I bought this gun expecting not to like it. I just wanted a cheap throw away pistol because after July 8th 2013 in Illinois, you can now "transport" a handgun that is unloaded and enclosed in a case, along with loaded magazines anywhere in Illinois including the City of Chicago. You can even "transport" your firearm this way where you won't be able to "carry" ( like on the CTA, Metra, parks, and neighborhood festivals ) when the ISP is finished foot dragging and starts issuing carry licenses next year. I wanted a cheap gun because this law is new, the cops prolly won't understand it, or won't care. So, I don't want to lose one of my nice expensive guns to an illegal seizure. The Bersa Thunder is only $300.00 bux. Not even worth having my lawyer write a letter to get it back. It's like a Bic Lighter. Just keep it.

That being said, I was ever so pleasantly surprised today at the range shooting it. It is nice to shoot. More, Very nice. It had no feeding problems even with lead reloads. It's small for my hand, but very controllable. And since it's a knock off of a Walther PPK, it's accurate beyond what I had expected. I would actually recommend the Bersa to my small handed friends over a Ruger LCP or a Kahr. It exceeded all expectations.

2: Smith & Wesson 329PD Air-Lite .44 Magnum. ( Pictured in the Original Post )

Oh boy! It's like S&W said Kurt, we made this just for you. It's perfection. for me. The right size, weight, feel, caliber, everything. I thought this would be nice, but what I didn't expect was how well it shoots, and how comfortable it is to fire with lightly loaded magnums. I was thinking I would have to use .44 Specials, of which I am not a fan. But no. I could shoot light 185 grain Magnums all day. This gun is amazing. High tech to the max. Aluminum alloy frame with a Titanium cylinder and barrel. A full size S&W N Frame .44 Magnum that weighs only 25 ounce. That's 4 ounces more than a little Walther PPK .380. I was expecting it to be uncomfortable to fire at the least. Actually I was thinking painful. No! Not at all. the big rubber grip that fits my hand spread the recoil energy out perfectly. This is the perfect carry gun for me. It's also a great shooting gun. It's made just for Kurt. I couldn't be happier.

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

Shooting light 185gr magnum loads is a bit different then shooting 315gr bullets at around 1300fps That I carry for hunting. or four legged protection.

My Taurus tracker isn't much heavier then the smith and shooting full power loads in it is way different then my black and red hawks.

I am glad you like it thought about buying one myself but haven't found one at the right price.

kurt555gs

I also have Blackhawks and Redhawks for the heavy duty stuff. This really was comfy to shoot today. Next time I'll try something a little hotter and heavier just to see how it feels. I wouldn't worry about the price. It's worth it.

kurt555gs

It works.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376701057340.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376701057340.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 113