• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New gun store and shooting range in Hanover

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I interviewed Mickey Hopkins, yes the same Hopkins family that founded Greentops and parted ways when they went a different route with the new store.

He is opening a new gun store right next to Cold Harbor Restaurant on rt 360 Where they used to have the turkey shoot.
He is also opening an indoor shooting range there and YES>>>OPEN CARRY IS NOT ONLY ALLOWED>>>BUT WE ARE WELCOMED!!!

All he asks is it stay in the holster until at the shooting station or if needed to check a holster or other reason, taken outside and safely unloaded.

I can't wait to see Colonial sputter over this.

Store and range are scheduled to open in September.

Last edited:

sidestreet

WOW, this sounds like great news...,

I'm very glad to hear this, initially. Could be just the thing for lots of us here, like Proshooter, me, some of the others. Well, just call me "anxious for the details".

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Nothing like a little friendly competition from a known and respected source.

Looking forward to taking an up close and personal look :)

sidestreet

Sooooo, what's the latest on this?

The thread kinda faded away and we heard nothing else. Anyone been out there? Is it ready? Yes? No? Almost?

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

mpguy

Man I wish a range would open around here. Norfolk, I think is close, but you still have to cross the water. :(

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Bob1

Lee and/or Dale, maybe you can find a dinner location nearby for the November get-together. A twofer for anyone interested in seeing the new store and shooting range.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Lee and/or Dale, maybe you can find a dinner location nearby for the November get-together. A twofer for anyone interested in seeing the new store and shooting range.

Quick check of Yelp.com shows a sort of restaurant desert for zip code 23111. The problem is that is not actually true. Off the top of my head ther is Yen Ching (Chinese, obviously), and a couple ob BBQ places (sorry, ProShooter) right along 360, as well as some sketchy Italian places that look like the violate the "3 stupids" rule. Moving a bit north or sough of 360 opens up possibilities but based on our history of how long it takes to eat, we might be better off going shooting from 6 to 8 and then head for dinner. That puts it past some folks' bedtimes, as well as making it an early start that would almot require some folks to take the afternoon off to get there in time.:banana: (And how would that be a bad thing, he asks?)

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Quick check of Yelp.com shows a sort of restaurant desert for zip code 23111. The problem is that is not actually true. Off the top of my head ther is Yen Ching (Chinese, obviously), and a couple ob BBQ places (sorry, ProShooter) right along 360, as well as some sketchy Italian places that look like the violate the "3 stupids" rule. Moving a bit north or sough of 360 opens up possibilities but based on our history of how long it takes to eat, we might be better off going shooting from 6 to 8 and then head for dinner. That puts it past some folks' bedtimes, as well as making it an early start that would almot require some folks to take the afternoon off to get there in time.:banana: (And how would that be a bad thing, he asks?)

stay safe.
\\Cold Harbor Restaurant is next to them. Excellent food but I'm not sure about the hours,