• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Now we know about insurance at RIR

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
The Virginia Sportsman show was a major hit. It covered three buildings and with the exceptions of Kirby Burch and kin, a safety harness salesman and an air gun salesman....My wife didn't have to do the "Who is that man" routine.

The interesting thing is, there were a LOT of OC'ers there. No one at the door even hinted at unloading or zip stripping our guns. It just wasn't a factor. The Cops working there were polite and friendly.

It was an enjoyable and crowded show with a lot of people carrying both OC and CC. That included a lot of vendors too.

So much for the insurance wives tale!

Last edited:

67GT390FB

The Virginia Sportsman show was a major hit. It covered three buildings and with the exceptions of Kirby Burch and kin, a safety harness salesman and an air gun salesman....My wife didn't have to do the "Who is that man" routine.

The interesting thing is, there were a LOT of OC'ers there. No one at the door even hinted at unloading or zip stripping our guns. It just wasn't a factor. The Cops working there were polite and friendly.

It was an enjoyable and crowded show with a lot of people carrying both OC and CC. That included a lot of vendors too.

So much for the insurance wives tale!

every officer i saw had on a K9 vest, just goes to prove if you work with dogs you can't be all bad, notice i said work not drop your tailgate and chase em across half the county.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
every officer i saw had on a K9 vest, just goes to prove if you work with dogs you can't be all bad, notice i said work not drop your tailgate and chase em across half the county.

Even DGIF had a K9 team there:uhoh:

BUT, they all behaved!