Thread: Obama is after our concealed pistol rights.

Obama is after our concealed pistol rights.

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
    - Richard Henry Lee
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

Some random person, "I will not give up safety because of a few misplaced concerns of the uneducated." end quote...

Banned

Is this real??? Did he actually utter those words attributed to him???

If he did, the one positive attribute I ascribed to him, intelligence, was wrongly ascribed. If he said those words, he is an idiot.

Can we get some verification on that? If it is verified, I have a new sig. I have some new colossally stupid words to make sure that everyone sees.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I have my doubts - the incident the article mentions happened about a month ago and the article was posted a couple of days ago and is filled with the sort of sound bites that would make any reporter drool so it seems unlikely that anything said during a private lunch following the event would just now be coming to light.
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post

If he did, the one positive attribute I ascribed to him, intelligence, was wrongly ascribed. If he said those words, he is an idiot.

Can we get some verification on that? If it is verified, I have a new sig. I have some new colossally stupid words to make sure that everyone sees.

<o>
    I think it sounds too good to be true.
    SIC VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

μολὼν λαβέ - molṑn labé - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - COME AND TAKE!!!!

What a bummer, to have to settle the concealed carry right versus privilege question. MOLON LABE Lord of Flies
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Compared to several of the other fantasy stories on that site, this bit of "journalism" is fairly tame

...yet clearly still fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by ATM View Post
    Compared to several of the other fantasy stories on that site, this bit of "journalism" is fairly tame

It does read like The Onion doesn't it?
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ATM View Post

OK, then I don't care about it.

One of the downsides of the Internet is that, as it grows, the crap grows faster than the useful information.

This site (and the OP) have now been relegated to my assume-its-crap list.

<o>

Personally, I think it is B.S. too. I figured it was another gun rights scare someone was trying to push on us.

Added, I did not mean to get anyone judging my post because I stumbled across this and thought everyone here would want to chime in on it.
    Last edited by OneForAll; 08-11-2013 at 11:00 PM.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
    - Richard Henry Lee
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

Some random person, "I will not give up safety because of a few misplaced concerns of the uneducated." end quote...

True story or not, you know he wants to take concealed carry away if he could.

Given some portions of other articles on the site --

"The Westboro Baptist Church held a press conference this morning to announce that it is ending their campaign of hate which has lasted more than 58 years."

"Denver Early Childhood Council today reacted to Associated Press reports that colorful Russian President, Vladimir Putin, ate babies and children at Kremlin feasts."

I'm pretty sure the article is not worth taking seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaShooter View Post
    It wasn't quite funny enough. Trying too hard, or something.

But otherwise, yes.

Unless its so crazy it just might work

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

If Obama goes after concealed carry permits, wouldn't this mean that there would be alot more Ocing and Constitutional Carry?. That is if the story is true. just asking...carry on

Soorrryy, Have to wave the BS flag. Reading the quote, "The dude" doesn't speak in that way. His verbage is different..
    The Second Amendment is in place
    in case the politicians ignore the others

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

Quote Originally Posted by OneForAll View Post
    Added, I did not mean to get anyone judging my post because I stumbled across this and thought everyone here would want to chime in on it.
    Well in that case, let me quote Fight Club here...

"Or maybe you shouldn't bring me every little piece of trash you happen to pick up."

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Even if it were true, that he was actively seeking to ban concealed carry, he couldn't do it. It's a states matter, not the federal government.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

The feds can permit concealed carry, LEOSA, but they cannot prohibit concealed carry.....

In conjunction with my ban on concealed firearms, we are developing several smart phone and Facebook apps that will facilitate comprise and reduce the need for firearms.
    I wish this part were true. To read stories about pin heads with Facebook open on their phone while getting mugged or carjacked would be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by OneForAll View Post
    You underestimate his ambition. He wants a disarmed Slave state.

I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Quote Originally Posted by JustaShooter View Post
    Definitely sounds straight out of the Onion.

At the very least, Obama is smarter than to REUSE phrases he got hammered for using in the past.

But, heck, we took the click-bait.

*DISCLAIMER: The National Report is an online portal for "citizen journalists". The views expressed by writers on this site are theirs alone and are not reflective of the fine journalistic and editorial integrity of National Report. Advice given is NOT to be construed as professional. If you are in need of professional help, please consult a professional. National Report is not intended for children under the age of 18.
    Last edited by 223to45; 08-23-2013 at 04:32 PM.
    If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of constitutional privilege.
    --- Arkansas Supreme Court, Wilson v. State (1878)

Banned
    The article was neither presented as opinion nor as advice. I appears to be a news piece, albeit a fake news piece--as evidenced by the people who took it as real. Only naturally skeptical folks started to doubt the truth.

A site that allows such has no "journalistic and editorial integrity," regardless of any disclaimer.