• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need Advice

RogueWarrior

I have been instructed by my doctor that I have to start exercising so the wife and I are going to get some bikes. So I would like to know the best way to carry my 1911 at the moment I have a leather OWB holster that i use daily plus I have a leg rig which do you think is the safest way to carry on a bike :eek::eek:

RogueWarrior

Have you ever seen the Wilderness Safepacker holsters? I think one of these would fit the need quite well.

http://www.thewilderness.com/safepacker-concealment-holster/safepacker-holster-black/

I have a couple of their instructor belts and the quality is excellent. I would not hesitate to get any of their other products.

I rode 50 Km daily for ten years (40,000 miles) carrying concealed in an Action Direct chest harness holster. I ride recumbent but it will still be secure on an upwrong wedgie.

The only problem is that I have to open carry as no CCW as of yet :(

But thanks for the ideas

jhow1nm2

not the leg holster

I'm back to riding again....haven't figured where I'd keep my bodyguard 380...probably in my rear shirt pocket (bike jerseys have pockets for food, gear, etc.)

I wouldn't do the leg holster...too much action in the leg for peddling, etc.

I'll think on this one...

Lately, I've thought about carrying pepper spray or something for the dogs I've encountered on country roads...I can only sprint so much...

RogueWarrior

OK another question I was just told by a guy I work with that there are signs on the Paseo del Bosque Bike Trail that it is firearms free area ????? anyone know if that is right

Last edited:

AH.74

OK another question I was just told by a guy I work with that there are signs on the Paseo del Bosque Bike Trail that it is firearms free area ????? anyone know if that is right

That does not sound right- local restrictions are in violation of the state constitution.

jseth

i would choose the waist if it was me... if theres a chance you need to grab your gun i think it would be easier from the hip then the ankle... at least for me.

RogueWarrior

Thanks everyone for your thoughts after doing a bit of research I found out I can Conceal carry on my bike