Thread: Bus driver in Seattle, Shot.

Bus driver in Seattle, Shot.

http://westseattleblog.com/2013/08/p...-shot-downtown

(Photo from WSB reader KD: Route 120 bus with bullet holes in windshield)
    9:15 AM: This is a developing story downtown, and its affecting traffic off the Viaduct, so well be tracking it separately after a brief mention in traffic coverage: Police report a Metro bus driver was shot downtown; this is a multi-scene investigation, and one scene is near 2nd and Seneca.

According to radio traffic, the shooting suspect then was shot by police. And an officer is also being treated for a minor injury, either from being grazed by a bullet, or from broken glass. Streets affected include 2nd/University/Seneca so far. More to come.

9:24 AM UPDATE: Were still awaiting word from Metro with details on the affected buses. One WSB reader has texted to say a Route 120 bus was involved and passengers are being held to give statements to police. Police say the driver, 67 years old, was shot at 3rd and Union; the suspect is reported to have then gotten on another bus and police shot him at 2nd and Seneca.
    http://www.ktvb.com/news/regional/219287521.html

SEATTLE -- Seattle police officers shot a man suspected of shooting a Metro bus driver multiple times in downtown Seattle on Monday morning.

The suspect reportedly shot the driver on the Route 27 bus near Benaroya Hall at 3rd Avenue and Union Street. He then fled through downtown and attempted to get on a second bus. The driver of the second bus refused to let him board and evacuated the passengers through the rear of the bus.

Police officers shot the suspect near 2nd Avenue and Seneca Street.

There is a three-block radius of street closures north, south, east and west of the scene at 2nd Avenue and Seneca Street. Closures of at least eight hours are to be expected.
    Maybe more people should be armed and Jackholes like that guy may/would not have pulled out a weapon to try to kill a bus driver.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-13-2013 at 04:55 PM. Reason: fixed title
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

On Kiro 7 they said that police made people returning to work in the area to show their ID. Achtung! Show me your papers! That's how it starts. They shot the BG, so you need to see ID why?
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    On Kiro 7 they said that police made people returning to work in the area to show their ID. Achtung! Show me your papers! That's how it starts. They shot the BG, so you need to see ID why?
    Are citizens in Washington required to carry ID?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

The shooter has reportedly sucumed to his wounds.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    No.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

No, not to walk down the street, or OC when walking down the street.
    Last edited by hermannr; 08-12-2013 at 10:45 PM.

Please don't call us "citizens", that term has been deemed offensive:
    http://www.examiner.com/article/seat...-official-docs
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

That's right, time to arm every bus driver to the teeth, primary, backup pistols and an AR-15 plus shotgun in a rack. Along with all security guards, all teachers, construction workers, obviously the solution is just to hand out the pistols everywhere
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Watching the comments on Komo made me sick. Until they released the identity of the shooter as another low-life thug gang banger with a mile-long rap-sheet, all the libs were saying it was an "NRA right-wing extremist."

Then after the suspect was IDed by the media they all went silent. Disgusting.

Banned
    And why did he shoot him? Motive?

Crazy NRA ? We'll see ....

And closing a sq mile? Heck, in Chicago, the entire town would be closed 24/7...
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 08-13-2013 at 01:06 AM.

No, nor are we required to show it, even when detained.
    LIVE FREE OR DIE TRYING

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    That's right, time to arm every bus driver to the teeth, primary, backup pistols and an AR-15 plus shotgun in a rack. Along with all security guards, all teachers, construction workers, obviously the solution is just to hand out the pistols everywhere
    Why are you here?

Haven't you found a cop forum you like yet? Need a few suggestions?

No we are not. To the best of my knowledge there is no such law in any state. I tried to find out once but was unable to find any state websites quoting a law for it.

Once had a coworker try to tell me that Washington required everyone to carry an id and $1 or they could be arrested for vagrancy. She didn't seem to appreciate it when I told her she was flat out wrong and no such law existed.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Careful. Your Elitism is showing.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

I'm down for that.....Obama gats. We got Obama phones, why not gats?

Bus drive in Seattle, Shot.

It probably wouldn't hurt as long as they took the initiative to seek training. There probably would be much less crime if everyone were allowed to carry what we want. You know, sort of like how the constitution says "shall not be infringed."
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

status of the bus driver

Did he live?..... Never mind... but from the looks of the rounds fired into the bus, he's pretty damn lucky or hit the ground pretty fast....
    Last edited by jt59; 08-13-2013 at 02:09 PM. Reason: read the question in the story link
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by decklin View Post
    No we are not. To the best of my knowledge there is no such law in any state. I tried to find out once but was unable to find any state websites quoting a law for it.

Once had a coworker try to tell me that Washington required everyone to carry an id and $1 or they could be arrested for vagrancy. She didn't seem to appreciate it when I told her she was flat out wrong and no such law existed.
    She's a fine example of someone who would rather believe than know. You shattered the little nugget of knowledge she was so sure about.
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Why are you here?

Haven't you found a cop forum you like yet? Need a few suggestions?
    A bit rough .... but accurate.

Careful. Your Elitism is showing.
    Elitism? That's a new one.....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

You probably weren't around when such vagrancy laws DID exist.

There used to be a lot of laws like this until the court's tossed them out or pressure caused them to be repealed.

Did you know that at one time a woman couldn't sit at the bar in a tavern/lounge and be served a drink?

That you couldn't move your drink from the bar to a table, or from one table to another, without having the waiter/waitress carry it for you?

Some of us "old farts" do remember those laws. Just because the law isn't on the books today doesn't mean it wasn't at one time.

Want some fun, look at some of the former laws that limited your sexual practices, even if with your wife and in the privacy of your own home.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Please don't call us "citizens", that term has been deemed offensive:
    http://www.examiner.com/article/seat...-official-docs
    Yes, but while that article is correct in that all residents (not just citizens) are served by something-or-other, it could be that non-citizen residents and visitors might be required to carry ID, so I had to make a distinction... :P
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    You probably weren't around when such vagrancy laws DID exist.

There used to be a lot of laws like this until the court's tossed them out or pressure caused them to be repealed.

Did you know that at one time a woman couldn't sit at the bar in a tavern/lounge and be served a drink?

That you couldn't move your drink from the bar to a table, or from one table to another, without having the waiter/waitress carry it for you?

Some of us "old farts" do remember those laws. Just because the law isn't on the books today doesn't mean it wasn't at one time.

Want some fun, look at some of the former laws that limited your sexual practices, even if with your wife and in the privacy of your own home.
    because I was bored I went to the law library and looked up WA session laws going back to 1881, it has never been vagrancy to not have cash in your pocket in this state

however you WERE a vagrant if you

>Told Fortunes
    >Solicited the business of an attorney at the courthouse
    >were a healthy man who solicited alms
    >were "a common drunkard at a house of Bawdiness"
    played games of chance at an open table in public....

NRA Member

Bus driver in Seattle, Shot.

because I was bored I went to the law library and looked up WA session laws going back to 1881, it has never been vagrancy to not have cash in your pocket in this state

however you WERE a vagrant if you

>Told Fortunes
    >Solicited the business of an attorney at the courthouse
    >were a healthy man who solicited alms
    >were "a common drunkard at a house of Bawdiness"
    played games of chance at an open table in public....
    I think the laws were more on a city level. I heard before that it was a law in Puyallup to be a vagrant if you had less than $5. It was really only used to give the homeless a place to stay for the night and a meal.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!