• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bus driver in Seattle, Shot.

Freedom1Man

http://westseattleblog.com/2013/08/police-say-metro-bus-driver-shot-downtown

(Photo from WSB reader KD: Route 120 bus with bullet holes in windshield)
9:15 AM: This is a developing story downtown, and it’s affecting traffic off the Viaduct, so we’ll be tracking it separately after a brief mention in traffic coverage: Police report a Metro bus driver was shot downtown; this is a multi-scene investigation, and one scene is near 2nd and Seneca.

According to radio traffic, the shooting suspect then was shot by police. And an officer is also being treated for a minor injury, either from being grazed by a bullet, or from broken glass. Streets affected include 2nd/University/Seneca so far. More to come.

9:24 AM UPDATE: We’re still awaiting word from Metro with details on the affected buses. One WSB reader has texted to say a Route 120 bus was involved and passengers are being held to give statements to police. Police say the driver, 67 years old, was shot at 3rd and Union; the suspect is reported to have then gotten on another bus and police shot him at 2nd and Seneca.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/regional/219287521.html

SEATTLE -- Seattle police officers shot a man suspected of shooting a Metro bus driver multiple times in downtown Seattle on Monday morning.

The suspect reportedly shot the driver on the Route 27 bus near Benaroya Hall at 3rd Avenue and Union Street. He then fled through downtown and attempted to get on a second bus. The driver of the second bus refused to let him board and evacuated the passengers through the rear of the bus.

Police officers shot the suspect near 2nd Avenue and Seneca Street.

There is a three-block radius of street closures north, south, east and west of the scene at 2nd Avenue and Seneca Street. Closures of at least eight hours are to be expected.

Maybe more people should be armed and Jackholes like that guy may/would not have pulled out a weapon to try to kill a bus driver.

Last edited by a moderator:

golddigger14s

Activist Member
On Kiro 7 they said that police made people returning to work in the area to show their ID. Achtung! Show me your papers! That's how it starts. They shot the BG, so you need to see ID why?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
On Kiro 7 they said that police made people returning to work in the area to show their ID. Achtung! Show me your papers! That's how it starts. They shot the BG, so you need to see ID why?

Are citizens in Washington required to carry ID?

EMNofSeattle

That's right, time to arm every bus driver to the teeth, primary, backup pistols and an AR-15 plus shotgun in a rack. Along with all security guards, all teachers, construction workers, obviously the solution is just to hand out the pistols everywhere

Alpine

Watching the comments on Komo made me sick. Until they released the identity of the shooter as another low-life thug gang banger with a mile-long rap-sheet, all the libs were saying it was an "NRA right-wing extremist."

Then after the suspect was IDed by the media they all went silent. Disgusting.

davidmcbeth

Banned
And why did he shoot him? Motive?

Crazy NRA ? We'll see ....

And closing a sq mile? Heck, in Chicago, the entire town would be closed 24/7...

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
That's right, time to arm every bus driver to the teeth, primary, backup pistols and an AR-15 plus shotgun in a rack. Along with all security guards, all teachers, construction workers, obviously the solution is just to hand out the pistols everywhere

Why are you here?

Haven't you found a cop forum you like yet? Need a few suggestions?

decklin

Are citizens in Washington required to carry ID?

No we are not. To the best of my knowledge there is no such law in any state. I tried to find out once but was unable to find any state websites quoting a law for it.

Once had a coworker try to tell me that Washington required everyone to carry an id and $1 or they could be arrested for vagrancy. She didn't seem to appreciate it when I told her she was flat out wrong and no such law existed.

decklin

Careful. Your Elitism is showing.

OC for ME

I'm down for that.....Obama gats. We got Obama phones, why not gats?

tombrewster421

Bus drive in Seattle, Shot.

It probably wouldn't hurt as long as they took the initiative to seek training. There probably would be much less crime if everyone were allowed to carry what we want. You know, sort of like how the constitution says "shall not be infringed."

jt59

status of the bus driver

Did he live?..... Never mind... but from the looks of the rounds fired into the bus, he's pretty damn lucky or hit the ground pretty fast....

Last edited:

gsx1138

No we are not. To the best of my knowledge there is no such law in any state. I tried to find out once but was unable to find any state websites quoting a law for it.

Once had a coworker try to tell me that Washington required everyone to carry an id and $1 or they could be arrested for vagrancy. She didn't seem to appreciate it when I told her she was flat out wrong and no such law existed.

She's a fine example of someone who would rather believe than know. You shattered the little nugget of knowledge she was so sure about.