Thread: Stupid, Stupid, Stupid

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

Re: Stupid, Stupid, Stupid

Keep the boogerhook off the bang switch.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Let me understand this .... the INSTRUCTOR didn't know the gun HE was handling was loaded? Really? Seriously?

Can we safely assume that he will not be instructing again any time soon?

Here's a little more information on the incident:
    http://www.examiner.com/article/pile...reported-point
    "...our media are palace eunuchs gazing avidly at the harem of power and stroking their impotent pens in time to the rape of our liberties."
    -Sarah Hoyt

"America is at that awkward stage; it's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."
    -Claire Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteLlama View Post
    Here's a little more information on the incident:
    http://www.examiner.com/article/pile...reported-point
    Worser and worser! This article purports to castigate the anti's who are jumping on the anti-gun bandwagon once again, but the set of credentials listed in the article for the instructor who "didn't know the gun was loaded" just make it more and more unbelievable that this happened....

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    Worser and worser! This article purports to castigate the anti's who are jumping on the anti-gun bandwagon once again, but the set of credentials listed in the article for the instructor who "didn't know the gun was loaded" just make it more and more unbelievable that this happened....
    I can't imagine that anyone on this board would disagree with the fact that it shouldn't have happened. My point of posting the article was to show that in case any of us come across anyone attempting to use this as an example of why mere 'civilians' shouldn't be 'allowed' to carry firearms, you could show that he was actually a member of "The Only Ones”.
    http://www.examiner.com/topic/only-ones-2
    "...our media are palace eunuchs gazing avidly at the harem of power and stroking their impotent pens in time to the rape of our liberties."
    -Sarah Hoyt

"America is at that awkward stage; it's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."
    -Claire Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteLlama View Post
    I can't imagine that anyone on this board would disagree with the fact that it shouldn't have happened. My point of posting the article was to show that in case any of us come across anyone attempting to use this as an example of why mere 'civilians' shouldn't be 'allowed' to carry firearms, you could show that he was actually a member of "The Only Ones”.
    http://www.examiner.com/topic/only-ones-2
    Sorry, I still don't "get it." If a member of the "Only Ones" can't be trusted to handle firearms safely, how does that auger well for the ability of "mere civilians" to do so?

I wonder if a driving instructor ever got into a car accident...

The biggest problem I think that'll come from this is that people tend to take one persons mistake and spread it like Nutella across other people that have never made the same mistake.

That's just my thoughts on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    Sorry, I still don't "get it." If a member of the "Only Ones" can't be trusted to handle firearms safely, how does that auger well for the ability of "mere civilians" to do so?
    Simply that, 'the only one's' is a misnomer. Actually, now that I think about it, it has been a while since I've heard the anti's use the phrase: "Only the police and military should have guns". Perhaps there's been enough incidents in the news lately that it isn't such a great argument, (especially for those living in NY)
    -Sarah Hoyt

-Claire Wolfe

Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)