• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com

GreatWhiteLlama

Worser and worser! This article purports to castigate the anti's who are jumping on the anti-gun bandwagon once again, but the set of credentials listed in the article for the instructor who "didn't know the gun was loaded" just make it more and more unbelievable that this happened....

I can't imagine that anyone on this board would disagree with the fact that it shouldn't have happened. My point of posting the article was to show that in case any of us come across anyone attempting to use this as an example of why mere 'civilians' shouldn't be 'allowed' to carry firearms, you could show that he was actually a member of "The Only Ones”.
http://www.examiner.com/topic/only-ones-2

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
I can't imagine that anyone on this board would disagree with the fact that it shouldn't have happened. My point of posting the article was to show that in case any of us come across anyone attempting to use this as an example of why mere 'civilians' shouldn't be 'allowed' to carry firearms, you could show that he was actually a member of "The Only Ones”.
http://www.examiner.com/topic/only-ones-2

Sorry, I still don't "get it." If a member of the "Only Ones" can't be trusted to handle firearms safely, how does that auger well for the ability of "mere civilians" to do so?

Knowledge

I wonder if a driving instructor ever got into a car accident...

The biggest problem I think that'll come from this is that people tend to take one persons mistake and spread it like Nutella across other people that have never made the same mistake.

That's just my thoughts on it.

GreatWhiteLlama

Sorry, I still don't "get it." If a member of the "Only Ones" can't be trusted to handle firearms safely, how does that auger well for the ability of "mere civilians" to do so?

Simply that, 'the only one's' is a misnomer. Actually, now that I think about it, it has been a while since I've heard the anti's use the phrase: "Only the police and military should have guns". Perhaps there's been enough incidents in the news lately that it isn't such a great argument, (especially for those living in NY) ;)